General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Electric Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:34 AM
mcmadjock
Unregistered
Default Electric Window Problem

I have got a 2003 Accord 2.4 vtec auto exec and the drivers door electric window has been causing me problems. It has been back at honda three times whilst in the warranty for an intermitent fault which they couldnt find. The fault normally arises on a longer journey when you hear a click from the buttons and the window wont work. They eventually replaced the motor apparently under warranty but then tried to charge me. Yesterday it packed up completely again with about a 2 inch open gap. I am therefore unable to shut it properly at the moment. I keep getting fobbed off by honda. Any ideas

Old 12-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Electric Window Problem

If you hear the motor trying to work, and window is frozen, the drive wire may be fouled. I've had two hang up about 2" down when the plastic turning cable guide at the top of the regulator broke. If this is the case, a new or used regulator is the fix.

If system is dead, I would suspect the door switches after checking all fuses.

good luck

Old 12-01-2007, 01:20 PM
mcmadjock
Unregistered

I've checked the wires and they are fine. It seems like the motor has burnt out again. i'm just wondering if when the window closes, the motor is still running, hence it burning out. It was a brand new motor fitted by Honda approx three months ago

Old 12-01-2007, 04:17 PM

that really sucks. i'd try a different dealer. there is no fuse for that motor, it's run off the multiplex. it won't keep runningwhen the window is closed. it's odd that it's bad again though. it needed to be diagnosed. take it back.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:20 PM

If you are going to buy a new one I'd suggest getting one with a lifetime warranty in case this happens again.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Excessive load might damage a motor. Make sure the window slides in the window channel guides easily and there are no cuts or gaps in the channel guides. I believe the motors are designed to operate in the stalled condition w/o damage, but continuous operation in that condition might damage a motor. A bad switch might cause the motor to continue to run after release.

good luck

Old 12-03-2007, 02:43 AM
mcmadjock
Unregistered

Going to try another Honda Dealer today and see what happens [:@]