General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric window

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Default electric window

I have read the DIY post regarding window regulator replacement. I think I recall it being about a 94 model? It was a few days ago. I am having trouble with the window in my daughter's 2000 model Accord. It goes down but seems to kind of fall out of the track. Due to it's misalignment, it won't go back up. I haven't taken the door apart to investigate yet.

Should I just order a window "regulator" or is there a posibility that it can just be "fixed?" I don't know what to expect with regards to removing the inside panel. Do I need a special tool? Any advise would be appreciated.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Default RE: electric window

I am pretty sure the glass bolts to the regulator so that is what aligns it, it should need a regulator. Very common problem.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

just pull it apart and investigate. should be similar enough to the 94 job.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:14 AM

You should take the door apart before you order anything. It could be as simple as a track not secured in place.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 AM

I know(knew) I need to look first before ordering; however, when the car is hear, it is a moving target. My daughter swapped cars with my wife for a couple of weeks. But, my wife keeps it in the road. I get around to it some day. Today and until Monday night it will be gone. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM

you dont need a special tool to remove the door panels, but that doesnt mean their easy.

they have these little round things sticking out of the panel that fit into holes in the door frame, and they sort of "snap" in, using the same technique battery covers use. To get them out, you have to collapse the things on the outside in order to make the round thing attached to the door panel get out of the hole in the frame. its less complex than it sounds...

once you get the first one off they all just pull off.
What i did was, once i got all the switches/door handle out (just screws) i looked down through the switch panel thing and I could see one of those snaps. so i took a nut that fit tightly over the snap and put it over the snap + pushed. The nut slid down the shaft of the snap and pushed it out of the hole in one move. However, there will always be a little bit of it stuck on the nut. Not to worry, just unscrew it! it grips the threads, which you can unscrew to get out. Once the first one is out, just pull on the door panel carefully, and every other snap will un-snap itself.