General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Accord car alarm problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:15 PM
mishki
Unregistered
Default 99 Accord car alarm problems

Just recently, my car alarm started having problems. It just started to go off at random times for no reason. It's really annoying, and my neighbors are getting pissed off--understandably so; it's loud. Anyway, I'm not sure what caused the problem. I went to AutoZone to replace my car battery and the teenage girl at the counter insisted she gave me the right battery. As I was putting it in, it caused a short in my car's main fuse, which may have caused my current problem. I had to look all over the south suburbs of Chicago for a replacement fuse. On the same day, I got a new battery for my keyfob. Since then the car alarm has been going haywire. I've had to leave the car doors unlocked, but I don't really live in a neighborhood that's condusive to leaving car doors unlocked. Anyway, even the idiot dealer doesn't know what's causing it. They think it's my car door locks. That's just a guess on their part, because they don't guarantee that that will solve the problem. The dealer supposedly took a fuse out that controls the alarm and they assured me that it wouldn't keep going off. Yet it still keeps going off! Has anyone experienced this? What can I do to solve the problem or completely disable the alarm? Thanks.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 99 Accord car alarm problems

you can try this once you get your main fuse repaired

set the intermittent wiper adjuster ring to the mid way position and turn the car on. that should reset the multiplex unit for you. you should then be able to use the remote to silence the alarm

Old 11-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 99 Accord car alarm problems

I've seen a couple with that problem caused by bad hood latch switches. That would only be on models with factory alarms. There are many other possible causes also.