General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9th gen headliner removal with moonroof and homelink

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Default 9th gen headliner removal with moonroof and homelink

I've searched the forums and the internet in general for instructions for removing the headliner on a 13 accord with a moonroof and home link. Every post or video I could find only covered the normal solid roof. Can anyone provide instructions/directions for removing the headliner when it has a moonroof and the home link button? Any advice would be appreciated. Also can anyone tell me what this is in the picture and how it would come off is as well. It is in the headliner above the backseat.

Attached Thumbnails 9th gen headliner removal with moonroof and homelink-img_0344.jpg  
Old 07-25-2017, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Its not likely many people on here would be working on 9th gen accords. I'm not sure how the headliner comes out on your car.

I remember reading newer accords have printed shop manuals you can purchase, but I'd recommend getting one. That will have all the details on how to remove items. It saves a ton of time and money when you fix your car yourself.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:10 PM

From what I remember on my 7th gen Accord, there are screws under the map light switch covers, and maybe a couple inside the sunglass holder. The instructions in the 7th gen manual said to remove the A, B, and C pillar covers, but it was pretty easy to pull the headliner out from behind them. Of course you have to remove the grab handles over each door, the sun visors over the windshield, etc. I found the best way to get the headliner out of the car was through the passenger side front door, with the seat moved all the way back, but you still have to be very careful because with the moonroof hole in the headliner it's not very strong (easily cracked). Good luck

PS: PAhonda, if you know where I can get a shop manual for my 9th gen, I would appreciate it. Haven't seen anything from Helm.

Last edited by EXV6NIGHTHAWK; 07-29-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Service repair manual info. for the 2013 and newer is only available via an online subscription service:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

Old 07-30-2017, 10:40 PM

I'm not sure, but the thing in the picture might be the ANC (noise cancelation) mic. I would try to turn it counterclockwise to get it out. Probably just a little wire to unplug after it drops down. Remember to feed all the wires to the holes when you reinstall the headliner.