General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

the 9th Generation ADD PADDLE SHIFT 2013 Accord EX sedan

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Default the 9th Generation ADD PADDLE SHIFT 2013 Accord EX sedan

the 9th Generation 2013 Accord EX sedan paddle shift

I want to buy the 2013 accord sedan EX and live in Los Angeles, CA. I really need the automatic 4 doors, sunroof and paddle shifter. (Don’t suggest me the coupe EX, I need 4 doors). The sedan Sport with paddle shifter, but there is no sunroof. I have no idea to buy the new car and add the aftermarket sunroof. I don’t know dealer will make special order for sunroof or add paddle shifter.
Can I add the paddle like sport sedan? After I check in Google, nobody do this job before. I also check the part in Honda part link. It shows the same steering part between EX and Sport Sedan. It’s only cost $26 each of paddle shifter. I don’t know it’s only plus and play or need to program it. As I know for sport sedan, when you pull the sport mode, the dashboard will show the gear # during you are driving. If you are full stop with sport mode, it will show you are in 1 gear. I don’t know after I put the paddle shifter in EX sedan, the dashboard will automatic show the gear or need to program the EX sedan to be paddle shift control mode.

I hope anyone can help me.

Thank so much

Sedan EX steering part:
Honda Automotive Parts

Sedan Sport steering part:
Honda Automotive Parts

Both EX or Sport sedan are same part.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

You will probably have to work with the dealer on this one. My guess is the sport sedan with and aftermarket sunroof is the simplest solution.

I don't think the paddles are just plug and play on the EX sedan. I could definitely be wrong.

The Acura TSX or the Acura TL may be another option to consider.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
You will probably have to work with the dealer on this one. My guess is the sport sedan with and aftermarket sunroof is the simplest solution.

I don't think the paddles are just plug and play on the EX sedan. I could definitely be wrong.

The Acura TSX or the Acura TL may be another option to consider.
That's sure! I don't know dealer will make special order for EX sedan paddle. Also, dealer will make sunroof for about $1900. I don't know dealer will take it for aftermarket sunroof or orginal Honda sunroof.