Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

4th generation Honda Accord Station Wagon Vs. 6th generation Honda Accord Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Default 4th generation Honda Accord Station Wagon Vs. 6th generation Honda Accord Sedan

AAAAlright,i got this guy at work who's basically talking alot of smack. Supposedly, he's beaten a celica with a camry engine,a stock civic,and i'm not sure what the other two cars arewith his 4th generation Non vtec F22B,honda accord station wagon. He's completely stock. NOW he's callin my I-4 6th generation accord out,which is fairly stock, all i got isa CAI(but its made out of a different material which gives alot more throttle response then regular CAI.),some racing wires,no catalytic convertor and thats about it.I honestly think i'll take him out no problem becauseMy accord is packing a little something, but i really wanted to either drop in a H22A in winter but he's demanding his race now. SO do you guys think i have a run for my money so i should wait formy swap to be completeor should i take him on and shut him down like the other suckers of friends that i have. My accord has beaten a grand prix(175 hp),a 2006 charger(250Hp)DONT EVEN ASK HOW IBEAT IT BECAUSE I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT SHOULD HAVE KILLED ME BUT I BEAT HIM BY2 cars only,BUT STILL a I-4 vs a V6 HEMI.thats ridiculous.and i kept up with a mustang(300 HP) with no problem and only lost by a fender.LITERALLY but anyways what do you guys think?should i shut this clown down or should i just wait?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 4th generation Honda Accord Station Wagon Vs. 6th generation Honda Accord Sedan

ORIGINAL: HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007

he's beaten a celica with a camry engine,a stock civic,and i'm not sure what the other two cars are
LAWL @ Celica with Camry engine. What a joke. Stock Civic are junk as well. This should be like a go-kart vs. NASCAR, as long as you can drive. Are you AT or MT?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Default RE: 4th generation Honda Accord Station Wagon Vs. 6th generation Honda Accord Sedan

i'm AT,but i got good take off and know how to accelarate,i don't floor the pedal down because it will actually take a car longer to accelerate and i know how to time when the Vtec will kick in which is why i always seem to beat my friends. i don't know how this guy drives,but his is a AT also. if i had a MT i wouldn't have a problem but he's talking like his car is the funk so i want to shut him down. I also have a 84 datsun which he declined to race in a heartbeat LMAO,nobody wants to take me on with that. and i also have a 04 V6 camry which he also declined to take on LOL he only wants my accord Lol. and when i asked him to take on my girlfriend's brothers 6th generation accord V6,he also declined because one day i came rollin to work in that. But i know my accord isn't that slow compared to other 4 bangers(excluding vehicles like scion's,lancers,EVo's,Subaru's,and RSX's)Yeah i'm going to take him on,i might have someone record it to on the side of the road and post it too.[sm=burnout.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 AM

all i got isa CAI(but its made out of a different material which gives alot more throttle response then regular CAI.)
Material and throttle response have no correlation. Material can only affect heat soak.

My accord has beaten a grand prix(175 hp) (OK),a 2006 charger(250Hp)DONT EVEN ASK HOW IBEAT IT BECAUSE I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT SHOULD HAVE KILLED ME BUT I BEAT HIM BY2 cars only,BUT STILL a I-4 vs a V6 HEMI (is the 6 a HEMI??? I think just the 8).thats ridiculous.and i kept up with a mustang(300 HP) with no problem (he wasn't pushing it at all!!!)

should i shut this clown down or should i just wait?

Assuming that his car has a F22A7 engine (most powerful F22A*, F22B2 wasn't offered), he has 147HP and 145 ft.lb. to play with. His car weighs 2822 lbs.

WT/TQ = 19.46 lb. of car per ft.lb. of engine torque

Assuming that you have a F23A1, you have 150HP and 152 ft.lb. to play with. Your car weighs 2990 lbs.

WT/TQ = 19.67 lb. of car per ft.lb. of engine torque

He has a very slight advantage, so this race would come down to the driver. Exact equal driving and he should win by a hair.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 AM

there u go... falkore got u a race analysis...what more can u ask from us??? LOL j/k!
Nice work Falkore!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:50 PM

LOL .... of course if there's any difference in the gearing, that could throw off the comparison as well, but weight vs. peak torque is a good indicator.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:42 PM

U can take him if you have any sort of driving skills

Old 06-05-2008, 09:48 PM

Ok, I can't resist this one. My 97 nor my wife's 05 could pull up to line next to my stock mustang without blowing a radiator house in fear. Whoever you went up to in a 300hp mustang CANT DRIVE!!!

That aside, run your buddy and let us know how it turns out. Be sure to get a video if you can.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:47 PM

the mustang's owner was very careless with the vehicle and the vehicle had all types of maintence and check engine lights on, so thats obviously what affected the performance and yeah i'm going to take him on after i do a fresh oil change and im going to remove my subs and spare tire so that i don't have all that unneccessary weight.

As for the video i'm going to have my best friend stand on the sidewalk and record it,it'll be from one light to the next. but i'll let you guys know what happen,but i already know my baby(my accord) can take his on and win.Oh and i just found out he has a NON vtec version of his engine and i have a VTEC version.Will this affect my chances somehow?