General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ABS indicator in instraments not lighting up

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Smile ABS indicator in instraments not lighting up

Hi I have a Honda Accord 2.2 aerodeck 1995. The car has failed the mot as the instrament ABS light does not come on. Just before the mot one of the brake lines burst and they failed to work. All the brake lines have been replaced. I have checked all the fuses all good. In the ABS fuse box the relay was extremly corroded very bad contact so thourghly cleaned the connections. Checked the electrical connection to the Abs unit (modular solinoid) it is getting power and the connections are good. So far i have removed and cleaned the sensors and hub on the front wheels. just to note the highly compressed gas cylinder on the ABS unit looks badly corroded at the bottom. I think a diagnostic check is required to determin where the problem is located so i have contacted a auto electrician.
If you can offer any advise or techinal info i would really apprecate your help
Many thanks Alexander (snowy scotland)

Old 02-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

There is a 94-97 Accord Shop Manual you can download from the Online Manual links in the DIY forum. This will provide guidance on whether the ABS circuitry is intact or needs further repairs.

It's possible the ABS light in the instrument panel (IP) has failed. Hopefully, the wiring diagrams and harness location diagrams will allow you to check for voltage to this bulb at a convenient point in the engine wiring harness w/o pulling the IP. If bulb is bad, you'll have to pull the IP to replace the bulb.

good luck

Old 02-07-2011, 06:12 PM

Thanks i will download the workshop manual and try that i have been inside the instruments and the bulb is clear not blown but i have not tested it or replaced it. Cheers for the advise