General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Indicator Light - Not Relay...Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Default 2003 Indicator Light - Not Relay...Help!!

Hi Everyone....

Been struggling with the indicator can definitely use some help...I did some research and it seems the flasher relay is a common problem but it only half solved the problem...

Initially the right hand signal stopped working completely and would not light up inside the dash, make a clicking noise or work on the outside. The left hand signal worked fine and did not have any problems. When I turned my hazard lights on, only the left side would light up inside the dash board and on the outside, the right side would not do anything.

After researching online I realized a common error was the flasher relay. After changing the flasher relay I had the following results:
Left Hand Indicator working same as normal.
Hazard Light - Works! Both inside the dash panel and on the outside lights on both the left and right hand side.
Right Hand Indicator - Still not working, outside lights or inside panel.

Does anyone know what is causing the right hand indicator not to work? The signal works with the hazard light, just does not work when I change it on the dash. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated!

THank you in Advance!

Old 10-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have a wiring diagram of your 03 accord. If the wiring is similar to my car, I would test the turn signal switch and the hazard switch itself.

You should test them with a volt meter to see if it makes the proper connections (continuity or resistance setting).

The haynes manual may have some tests that you can do on those two items. They are definitely worth the $20 investment.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Default HELP! all my right indicators are not working- NOT relay too

Hi, I have the same problem as the person below. My car is at Honda right now and they are charging me $220/2h to find the problem. If anyone know's what the problem is exactly, or where the wire is please let me know ASAP!
I called Honda customer relations and apparantely this is not a common problem. However, this is not the first post like this I've seen! Oh, and my extended warrenty expired 23000K ago on top of this.
Thanks in advance,

Originally Posted by bazzi
Hi Everyone....

Been struggling with the indicator can definitely use some help...I did some research and it seems the flasher relay is a common problem but it only half solved the problem...

Initially the right hand signal stopped working completely and would not light up inside the dash, make a clicking noise or work on the outside. The left hand signal worked fine and did not have any problems. When I turned my hazard lights on, only the left side would light up inside the dash board and on the outside, the right side would not do anything.

After researching online I realized a common error was the flasher relay. After changing the flasher relay I had the following results:
Left Hand Indicator working same as normal.
Hazard Light - Works! Both inside the dash panel and on the outside lights on both the left and right hand side.
Right Hand Indicator - Still not working, outside lights or inside panel.

Does anyone know what is causing the right hand indicator not to work? The signal works with the hazard light, just does not work when I change it on the dash. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated!

THank you in Advance!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

I would not have agreed to the $220 for 2 hour inspection. I would have tried another dealer or independent Honda shop.

Even throwing a part at it, like replacing the column turn signal switch would be be less expensive.