General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord 2007 headlight out not fuse/bulb

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Default Accord 2007 headlight out not fuse/bulb

Im trying to fix the passenger lowbeam on my car. i replaced the bulb, but it didn't fix the problem, to confirm this i took out the driver side bulb and replaced it with the new bulb, and it worked on the driver side, but still didn't work on the passenger side. I then checked the fuses, none of them seemed blown out, but to double check, i switched the driver and passenger ones and still didn't work.

So my question is what else can it be? is there a relay? or is it something with the wiring? if anyone that can point me in the right direction that would be a great help. thanks.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

A bulb has two sides to the circuit, voltage and ground. You need a volt meter to figure out which one you are missing at the bulb electrical connector. The red/grn wire (based on the 06 accord) should have 12V to ground (use a bare metal bolt for ground). You can try the black wire to the bulb for ground as well.

Was this car ever in an accident? Any recent work done to the car?

Just to be sure, does this accord use regular bulbs and not the HID?

Old 12-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Did you check Fuse No. 6 (10A) in the under-hood fuse box first?

If fuse is good, the problem may more likely be a wiring or connection problem.

Although there is low beam headlight relay, it is part of the Relay Control Module in the under-hood fuse/relay box. The Relay Control Module is not separately replaceable; but, replaced together with the under-hood fuse/relay box if it was faulty. -- Less likely to be the problem though.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the replies, i replaced fuse No.6 with the driver side one No.3 i believe (not sure of the number off the top of my head, but i made sure it was the same label as the passenger one) which is working, but that didn't solve the problem.

The car has never been in an accident, and i hasn't had work done recently. The bulb went out roughly 1-2 weeks and this was the first chance i had to change it. As far as the grounds go ill have too look into that.