General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accord 2013 questions regarding automatically relock.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Default accord 2013 questions regarding automatically relock.

Hi everyone,

I have some questions that would like to ask.

I believe the accord 2013 exl has the ability to relock itself within 30s,60s,or90s. I can see that option in the Vehicle settings. However, I don't seem to understand how it works.

If I forget to lock the doors, it should automatically lock after a period of time, right? I tried to leave the doors unlocked and see if it would lock automatically for like 7-10 mins, but it did not.

There was actually one time, that it did locked automatically. That is when my dad got out off the car, and I was still in the car, and the engine was shut down. I was on my phone chatting with my fried. After 5 mins or so, I noticed that the car locked itself. And when I opened the door to get out, the alarm went off.
I've tried to do the samething to see if that happens again, but ...no...

So is there something wrong with my car?

One more thing, its kinda annoying to me when I only want to turn the engine off, and keep the power on but I can't. If I push the button when it is in Park mode, the car goes totally off. Its not what I want.

Thanks all for your answers.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dat Huynh
Hi everyone,

I have some questions that would like to ask.

Q1: I believe the accord 2013 exl has the ability to relock itself within 30s,60s,or90s. I can see that option in the Vehicle settings. However, I don't seem to understand how it works.

A1: From your last question, sounds like you have the Smart Entry System.

After unlocking the doors either with the remote or with the Smart Entry System, if you do not open a door within 30 seconds, the door will automatically relock. You can reprogram the time to automatically relock at either 30, 60, or 90 seconds.

Q2: If I forget to lock the doors, it should automatically lock after a period of time, right? I tried to leave the doors unlocked and see if it would lock automatically for like 7-10 mins, but it did not.

A2: No.The car does not automatically lock itself if you don’t lock it.

Q3: There was actually one time, that it did locked automatically. That is when my dad got out off the car, and I was still in the car, and the engine was shut down. I was on my phone chatting with my fried. After 5 mins or so, I noticed that the car locked itself. And when I opened the door to get out, the alarm went off.
I've tried to do the samething to see if that happens again, but ...no...

So is there something wrong with my car?

A3: Possibly a glitch. The doors should not have locked and the security system should not have automatically set if the smart entry remote was inside the car.

Q4: One more thing, its kinda annoying to me when I only want to turn the engine off, and keep the power on but I can't. If I push the button when it is in Park mode, the car goes totally off. Its not what I want.

A4: When you press the START/STOP button it suppose to turn the vehicle off; in addition to turning off all electrical components. If you want to have the accessories on, without pressing the brake pedal, press the START/STOP button again. There's a few other variations of pressing the button, with or without being in Park (P).

Thanks all for your answers.
See answers.

Attached Thumbnails accord 2013 questions regarding automatically relock.-start-stop-button.jpg  

Last edited by redbull-1; 09-11-2013 at 01:52 AM.