General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some questions regarding my 2003 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Some questions regarding my 2003 Accord

1. My car has about 193k miles on it. I've been lately getting some pretty heavy creaking from the front suspension. The noise mainly happens maybe 15 minutes into each drive I do and also when I turn the steering wheel left and right. In the last year I've had to change out my ball joints for both of them gave out so I'm sure it's not those. Could it be the struts or bushings needing replacing? The car still handles the same from what I've noticed but that noise is just getting too annoying.

2. My passenger side door does not open from the inside. In order for me to open the door I have to put the window down and the person has to open the door from the outside handle. Does this have anything to do with the door actuator?

3. One of the rear windows does not go down anymore but I do hear the window motor working. In order for the window to open I have to push the window button down and then manual drop the window by hand. How can I remedy this?

4. I have cloth seats. How much would leather seats cost me? Is it as simple as just bolting off the cloth seats and bolting on the leather seats?

Old 11-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

1. Noises are tough to diagnose over the web. You will have to find the source yourself. Google ericthecarguy suspension noise for a good youtube video on how to find these noises.

2. Not likely the actuator. I would inspect the connection from the rod to the inner door handle. Google ericthecarguy window run channel to see how to remove the inner door handle.

3. Watch video about run channel I mentioned in #2.

4. I don't know about cost. Carpart.com will search junkyard parts by price or distance. It will also only list parts that are identical to the ones already in your car. Leather seats vs cloth should have no difference in how they bolt it. Removing the whole seat will be the easiest route. Craigslist and forums like this also have people parting out their accords.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

A2: The door not opening from the inside could be something wrong with the inner handle cable or the door latch. If you're not careful in how you disconnect the inner handle cable while removing the door panel, you may end up breaking something.

A3: The motor or window regulator may be faulty for the rear window. The power regulator with the motor is sold/replaced together as an assembly. You could always remove the door panel and apply direct power and ground to the motor's Red/Wht and Blu/Blk wire terminals to see if it operates correctly.