General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Accord Noobie Engine Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Dean_Harryman
Unregistered
Default Accord Noobie Engine Questions

I just bought my first accord, and actually my very first honda! She is a 1992 Accord DX 4 door

I was going through all the basic stuff when you get a new car, and I noticed something different about my engine than my friends 1992 accord. the engine code is h22a1, but I know enough to know that the h22a1 came in the prelude and it was a vtec, so I am kinda flustered by this. The valve cover and head look kind of like the accords, but It kind of looks like an h22a valve cover. VERY STRANGE.

I was just wondering if anyone has any Ideas as to what I have going on here....

I am gonna take some pics, and I will have them posted very soon.

It is very nice to be a member of this forum, and I hope to share alot of good conversations with all of you!

DEAN HARRYMAN

Old 01-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Accord Noobie Engine Questions

the only possibilty I see is that someone did a H22 swap somewhere along the way, it is the most popular, if not the only swap for accords. you says it says the engine code? is it on the engine it says that? or on the hood or door jam. cause the 92 normally comes with a F22A1. but the way I see it you are a lucky man, cause you saved money because the person you bought it from didnt know what they had.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Dean_Harryman
Unregistered

If it is what I think it is I am a very lucky man! Here are some pics of the engine and the code on the block.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...n/100_2118.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...n/100_2119.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...n/100_2120.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...n/100_2121.jpg

_EDIT_

I am an idiot, and so is my friend. After looking at the pics it is an F not an H, The block was dirty and when I cleaned it up to take the pic, it is clearly an F and not an H. Dissapointing, but now I know it is stock!

LOL......Yes..... EVERYONE NOW GETS TO MAKE FUN OF ME!

I AM A SAD EXAMPLE OF A MAN

Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

well I guess being a newbie we won't be too hard on you.DUFUS [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
That wascold blooded, but I really Crack me up sometimes. [sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

D'OH!! That was a nice move. But hey, at least your friend is an idiot too. So you arent the only one.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:48 PM

Thats the cleansest 4th gen engine compartment I've ever seen

Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Dean_Harryman
Unregistered

Thank you Arctic, But I cannot take credit for that. I think that the prevoius owner did a motor swap, and thats why it is so clean. The Dealership I bought from said that the guy they bouht it from had a new engine put in a few years back. All the parts (alternator, power steering pump, all sensors) look brand new.

I am so impressed with this car! I have driven my friends 1992 accord alot, and this car is way different, it is so fast in comparison. My friend Steve has a datsun 510 that pulls 16 sec. in the quarter, and I raced him tonight and he couldnt touch me! VERY UNEXPECTED!

In the new members area I am going to put up a post all about me and my new car. Expect TONS of pics. I hope you like!

Thanks to all of you for "understanding" my errors earlier....LOL... and thanks for the compliments!

DEAN HARRYMAN