General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding power doorlocks on 05

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:24 AM
HondaAccordAccount
Unregistered
Default Adding power doorlocks on 05

2005 Honda Accord DX. 4 doors.
The 05 has cable type locks. All i see out in the aftermarket field is rod type (i know there are some that say they work for cable type, but it is the exact same actuator and doesnt help in this situation)
Has anyone been able to upgrade to power locks?
What about adding a switch? (where to get)

Old 11-13-2006, 03:31 AM
Default RE: Adding power doorlocks on 05

I can't tell you too much but if I was in your boat I would find a donor car and take everything that had to deal with the power locks. Might be time consuming and pricey but by the time you have ttaken everything you need off the donor car you could probably install it all on yours pretty easy.
Also, you might want to look at a diagram first to give you an idea of what is going to have to be done.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Electron Man
Unregistered
Default RE: Adding power doorlocks on 05

First thing you should do before buying any hardware is review the electrical schematics for a 2003 or newer Accord with power locks (LX or EX).

Not 100% sure about the Accord, but quite a few cars 2002 and newer have door control modules that "marshall" control signals from a CAN-BUS. If you find this is the case, you might not be able to add power door locks without also adding power windows (signal for activating power lock commands may be routed through the door module).

If it appears that the wiring for the door lock system is completely independent of the power windows, you may be able to pull it off.

Good Luck