General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Default aftermarket exhaust

hey wassup everyone i have a basic question,i have a 96 accord lx, i took it for an oil change at the dealer because its a great price and i no longer have a space to do it myself. anyway i told them i might have a hole in the muffler because its louder than normal. they kind of brushed me off and said they do their normal inspection and will give me a checklist of any problems. so they finished and i see on the checklist they gave me says exhaust system, no damage checks o k. well i no better so i took it to the local mufffler shop and they let me see right away heres the problem right where the muffler connects to the pipe its broken there is an obvious break even i could see it and other parts are rusting and breaking up. so i dont think they even look they just check the list of when they are in a hurry any one else have experiences like this. and the second question is i would like to get a nice looking , feeling exhaust from the catback i see nice products out there . can i just replace the catback to make a major difference in power, or do i also need to think about headers is that nessacary or no, they can put a regular sysytem on for 120 but id like to upgrade since i need it anyway what do you guys and girls think . sorry to ramble.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Default RE: aftermarket exhaust

can anyone give me some good advice please

Old 03-04-2007, 01:37 PM

someone told me not to buy one on ebay for 150, but the ones on the other sites are like 599 do you think there is a difference, this is for a 96 188850, do you think its a good idea to put something like this on a car with so many miles or maybe put it on the 04 my new baby, thanks for your help

Old 03-04-2007, 03:12 PM

I just paid $480 for a cat- back installed at a muffler shop. I'm sure they made $200. My car came with stainless, they put on steel.
Their are lots of cheap parts on ebay, be sure you know what you're getting, you might get what you pay for.
I don’t think the exhaust is the place to start for performance enhancements.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:48 PM

the exhaust needs to be replaced anyway , thats why i was thinking of getting a better than regular one