General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

align fuel injectors with marks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Default align fuel injectors with marks?

In the process of re-installing my fuel injectors after replacing the injector seals and o-rings on my 92 Accord. The manual says be sure to align the center line on the injector with the mark on the fuel rail. For the life of me I cannot see any such marks on the fuel rail for alignment the four injectors. Any comments/help please.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I pulled my injectors and simply aligned the electrical connector similar to original arrangement (vertically upward or TDC). I don't remember any alignment mark requirements, but it's been some time.

good luck

Old 07-01-2013, 01:13 PM

Well here's a picture. I'm pointing with a screwdriver to the apparent alignment mark on one of the injectors itself. In this picture I obviously don't yet have the injectors installed all the way in nor the fuel rail affixed, but supposedly (according to my book) there's marks on the fuel rail but I don't see any. I guess maybe there just isn't such marks on my fuel rail, or I'm not understanding where to look. Regardless, it looks as if once the injectors and fuel rail are installed I can just twist the injectors whichever way they seem to fit best with the electrical connections and not worry about looking for marks to align.

Attached Thumbnails align fuel injectors with marks?-img_2282_zps53473d00.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Is it just me or does everyone see the marks on the fuel rail in this picture?

I think you may have a terminology problem. The fuel rail is part in top side of the picture. See the marks on each branch to fuel injector?

good luck

Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 PM

Here I'm pointing to a vertical "mark" cast on the fuel rail above where one of the injectors fits into. If these marks, which are oriented front and center like this above each injector on the fuel rail, are indeed the the alignment marks alluded to in my book, then it is simply a matter of aligning the mark on the injector straight with those, which also would mean the plug connector of each injector would be facing front and center. However, prior to removing the injectors I noticed at least two of them were turned, with the plug connectors not straight (front and center), so I assumed that was normal, so I guess my assumption was wrong. Plus, I am looking for these little triangular marks too, below the injectors, as shown in the picture in my book, and I kind of see one cast below one of the injectors but not the others, and it's not lined up with the mark on the fuel rail above it, so I'm just not getting this.

Attached Thumbnails align fuel injectors with marks?-img_2290_zps37d78af1.jpg   align fuel injectors with marks?-img_2289_zps5e6abbc3.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Once the fuel rail is bolted, you can only turn the injector, so the rail mark and the intake manifold marks can not move.

In the 93 accord shop manual that I found on the web only shows the marks on the rail and aligning with the center of the electrical connection on the injector.