General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Can't get from bumper cover to align very good??

Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Can't get from bumper cover to align very good??

Hi all, I just bought another Accord this one is a 94 that had some slight damage on the passenger side lower bumper cover and lower rad cradle area. The headlight, grill, hood and fender are fine. I took the old cover off and the actual bumper and styrofoam thing are not damaged. I got a used bumper cover and put it on and everything looks good except it seems the bumper cover has to "stretch" on the sides to lign up with the fenders?? The drivers side was so tight around the corner making lamp i thought it was going to crack the lense! I took the cover off because i thought the styrofaom thing was upside down or something but it wasn't. I had it on and off about 5 times in 2 hours and can't figure out how it can possibly go back anymore? It needs to go back about 1/4"- 1/2" on each side would be good. Is it a good idea to file or sand down the styrofaom bumper a little bit? (It sucks you can't adjust the bumper in and out just up and down). That is my only solution right now, thanks. Anybody else have this problem?