General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another power window thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:52 PM
alanb
Unregistered
Default Another power window thread

Greetings Accord Guru's.

I can see from my searching that I am one of many that has issues with my power windows, specifically the driver’s side. I did some research on the forum here and determined that my problem was most likely the motor and orwindow guide. I ordered a new one and installed it, all seemed to go well except that my new motor\guide was in the down position and the only wayI could see to getthe oldone out was tohave thewindow in the up position, so I hooked the new one up to the window switch and rolled the new guide up and the rest of the installation went well...except...

My problem now is that the window is exactly reversed. The auto down makes the window go up and vice versa. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get this fixed.I have tried various combos of up and down and unplugging the motor from the switch but nothing seems to reverse it. Help?

Old 04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Default RE: Another power window thread

It sounds like they reversed the wiring on your new motor.... First off though we need to know what the specifics (year etc) of your car are.... and to clarify no matter what you do the switch is reversed correct?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/ has a 94 shop manual in pdf form split into sections. Download theelectrical one.

Page 23-273 is what you want to look at. Pins 3 and 4 are +/- or -/+ depending on wether you hit the window switch up or down. The motor probably has pins 3 and 4 swiched at that 4-pin connector on the new window motor. You can hook battery voltage and ground to the proper terminal to verify this is the problem.

You can try to switch the pins out. You could also splice and switch the 3/4 wires before the connector. If it was me, I would take the new motor back and get one that is wired properly (if this turns out to be the case).

Old 04-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sounds like Nasty said, they reversed the wires going to the motor .
I am assuming the new motor came with the plug correct ?? you did not have to hook up any wires together, just plug it in ??

Old 04-03-2008, 03:15 PM
alanb
Unregistered

deserthonda
I am assuming the new motor came with the plug correct ?? you did not have to hook up any wires together, just plug it in ??
Correct the unit came ready to bolt/plug in.

sir_nasty
and to clarify no matter what you do the switch is reversed correct?
yep

PAhonda
If it was me, I would take the new motor back and get one that is wired properly (if this turns out to be the case).
The online place I got it from has a crappy return policy, I got it delivered to my house on a Tuesday and didn't work on it until Saturday. When I opend the box the bright yellowsheet with their return policy said I had 48 hours from time of delivery to return. Obviously won't be ordering from them again.. live and learn

PAhonda
Page 23-273 is what you want to look at. Pins 3 and 4 are +/- or -/+ depending on wether you hit the window switch up or down. The motor probably has pins 3 and 4 swiched at that 4-pin connector on the new window motor. You can hook battery voltage and ground to the proper terminal to verify this is the problem.
I am downloading now and will take a look at it andgive it a try tonight, you guys are quick and full of info..thanks!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:33 PM

rather than cut and splice the wires a lot of those harnesess have the wires held in with a little itty bit clip inside (similar to a zip tie) if you find a small thin flat piece of metal or something often times you can slide it in the opening for the wire just above the metal piece then slide the wire out. Then you just push them back into place, that way you don't have to cut anything... I've used paper clips and small thin zip-ties in the past to slide in there to get it released...

Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM

Look like PA, DH, and nasty got you covered here.

I see DH is back! It's been a long 3 & 1/2 months or so. I hope all is well with you and your family and I'm sure glad to see you are back!

Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 PM
alanb
Unregistered

Thought I'd let eveyone know that all the advice I got from Sir_nasty deserthonda and PAHondafixed this problem. I swapped 3/4 wire and the window operates properly now. I used a bobby pin to release the small plastic clip holding the wires in place and did notneed to do any splicing...

Thanks againfor everyone'shelp!!

Old 04-05-2008, 02:09 PM

Sweet! Glad to hear you got it fixed