General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANTI-LOCK LIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 04:16 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: ANTI-LOCK LIGHT

chk the area that they worked on,, maybe the wire for the wheel sensor is damaged ?? pulser damaged.. do a visual inspection.........

why did you not take car back to shop ..if this all happen right after they worked on it ??

Old 05-14-2006, 04:38 AM
xxatsayxx
Unregistered

well my dad changed it himself the first time....it didnt last that long then we had the shop change it....after that we took it back to the shop and they couldnt figure out y the light was on....we've taken it to the dealerships and they cant fix this problem either...ive gotten a suggestion from a guy that works strictly hondas and he said that this was the first year that the ABS was introduced because it was the SE model...so he said the brakes and everthing will work but there is no abs....but that light is irritating...so u are suggesting the wheel sensor or pulsar??

Old 05-14-2006, 04:53 AM

no offense to the mechanic that told you about the first year that abs was introduced ... so what does that mean ?? it was the first year so there is no ABS ??.. of course there is abs ,if car came with it..and if you got the abs lite coming on,, than ,, there is ABS ...if the lite is on ABS system is not operationable till you fix the problem , than ABS system will work..

to properly diagnose the problem and help you further i need you to tell me the correct code ..otherwise my friend ...my hands are tied ,,i cannot diagnose it from where i am standing ..so try reading the code once again ..

Old 05-15-2006, 02:12 AM
xxatsayxx
Unregistered

is there such thing as 1-1-1 or 1-2, 2-1?? because there seems to be just three flashes

Old 05-15-2006, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: xxatsayxx

is there such thing as 1-1-1 or 1-2, 2-1?? because there seems to be just three flashes
Just 3 flashes with about a 2-second delay between them? That would be a code one. Is the abs fluid resevoir full?

Old 05-15-2006, 05:52 PM

are the flashes like ,, 1 slight pause, 1 , slight pause, or

2 flashes slight pause 1 flash. pause, and then the same sequence again??

It is very critical to get the right code , otherwise we could be going totally in the wrong path and would be chasing a ghost

most likely you got just a code 1 ..

Old 05-27-2006, 02:20 AM
xxatsayxx
Unregistered

well the sequence of red flashes does not repeat after the three flashes....=/ ....and it seems to be a 2-1....what does that mean?....

Old 05-27-2006, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: xxatsayxx

well the sequence of red flashes does not repeat after the three flashes....=/ ....and it seems to be a 2-1....what does that mean?....

sad to say that there is no code 2-1 ,,,,,,,a code 2 means you drove car with the e-brake on,,,,

I know by now you must be frustrated ,, i understand,, ,,,but my friend i cannot give you the proper help unless i know the proper code ...

have you reset the computer and driven car ??