General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN: 00AccordLX5spd!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Default RE: ATTN: 00AccordLX5spd!

Well, I got a call from them today... They wont be able to finish the job today. Plus they say I need a Slave Cylinder and should replace the Master as well...For a Grand Total of $875....[:'(]Plus, theTranny is not out yet to tellme if I need a New FlyWheel..

Old 01-07-2008, 02:57 PM

they want an extra $325 for the slave/master cylinder... that's stupid, the fricken tranny will be out of the car, that makes it a 30 minute job... At the rate they are going I'd place money on the fact that they are going to say you need a new flywheel.... Also, if the kit didn't come with it you'll probably need a new pilot and throw-out bearing...

Old 01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

gotta love the bait and switch routine!!! did you tell them that 00accordlx5spd sent you???

Old 01-07-2008, 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

they want an extra $325 for the slave/master cylinder... that's stupid, the fricken tranny will be out of the car, that makes it a 30 minute job... At the rate they are going I'd place money on the fact that they are going to say you need a new flywheel.... Also, if the kit didn't come with it you'll probably need a new pilot and throw-out bearing...
They said that the Slave is $80 and the Master is $120. Suppose to be OEM Honda Parts... Should I tell them not to do it?

Old 01-07-2008, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

gotta love the bait and switch routine!!! did you tell them that 00accordlx5spd sent you???
They acted they didnt care...When I said one of there guys told me about them and etc.... Plus there air compressor went out...So that is why I didnt get my Car Back today..

Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM

thats a tough call without knowing the condition of the current ones.... You might ask why it's a $125 in labor even though the tranny will already be out and easy to get to.... What's their hourly shop rate? My guess is that they are quoting the job based on flat rate, but flat rate doesn't apply when the tranny is out since the average amount of time to repair the issue should be less.... This is more a question for Deserthonda....

Old 01-07-2008, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

thats a tough call without knowing the condition of the current ones.... You might ask why it's a $125 in labor even though the tranny will already be out and easy to get to.... What's their hourly shop rate? My guess is that they are quoting the job based on flat rate, but flat rate doesn't apply when the tranny is out since the average amount of time to repair the issue should be less.... This is more a question for Deserthonda....
I am capable of replace these parts myself...There is nothing wrong with the master...Slave have alittle leakage and said it need to be replaced. IDK what is the hourly rate is...

Old 01-07-2008, 03:32 PM

if there is nothing wrong with the master why do they want to replace it? If you can DIY I'd just buy the slave from an OEM honda place online and save a couple hundred dollars...

Old 01-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sir_Nasty ..... you know d@mn well that they are going to charge the amount of time that their book says for the job regardless of anything else simply because they legally can.

The fact that the tranny job will save them 2 hours of work doesn't mean that the 2 hours of savings will be passed on to the customer. I have nothing against people, but I truely feel that the auto industry is as corrupt as government!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 PM

you can buy the slave cylinder from here for $51.xx plus s/h...

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ASTER+CYLINDER

Quick Reply: ATTN: 00AccordLX5spd!