General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto door locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Default Auto door locks not working

I've a 2007 Accord EX-L and the auto door locks don't work. I can lock and unlock the doors with the button on the door and with the remote. I'd like to be able to program the doors to lock when I reach 9MPH and to unlock when I shift into park. I've followed the instructions that usually include holding down the button for 10 seconds and hearing the clicks. However I don't hear the clicks and the programming doesn't get set.

I'm also having trouble programming the HomeLink garage door opener but perhaps that is a separate problem.

Thanks much

Paksen

Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Got a service customer complaining he or she can’t program HomeLink to work with a garage door or
security gate opener? Before you go start troubleshooting HomeLink, here are some things to consider:
Is your customer using the original remote transmitter that came with the opener? HomeLink
can be programmed
only with the original remote transmitters. And for quick and accurate
programming, the remote transmitter should have a fresh battery. If your customer is using an
aftermarket universal remote transmitter, the folks at HomeLink say most of these units
aren’t

compatible with HomeLink. If your customer runs into any programming problems, he or she can call
HomeLink at
800-355-3515 or visit their website at www.homelink.com.
Was the garage door opener made before April ’82? These openers don’t have the safety feature
that stops and reverses the drive motor if an object is detected during closing, increasing the risk of
injury. It may not be possible to program HomeLink to work with it.
Does the garage door opener use a rolling code? To program HomeLink to work with these
openers, there are specific steps you must do. If your customer does just the basic programming
steps, HomeLink, may not work with that opener. Those steps are clearly spelled out in the applicable

O/M. Remind your customer to follow them
to the letter.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

not sure what instructions you're using for the locking option you want, but i'm finding no info related to that either in the service manual or owners manual...if it is an option, it probably needs to be programmed at the dealer via the HDS system.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

I don't believe the 2007 Accord had the programming option for auto door locking and unlocking.

The 8th generation Accords (2008-2012) does have that option that the owner can self program, it is in the owner's manual. However, it is not done with the remote transmitter.

Homelink is separate and I will see if I can find the instructions for that.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Here's Homelink instructions and for rolling code systems.

The instructions say for the EX-V6. If yours is an aftermarket, then that is a different story.

Attached Thumbnails Auto door locks not working-homelink1.jpg   Auto door locks not working-homelink-2.jpg   Auto door locks not working-homelink-rolling-code.jpg   Auto door locks not working-homelink-4.jpg  

Last edited by redbull-1; 05-18-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 PM

Thanks for the HomeLink instructions. Roaming codes did the trick.

The auto door lock instructions I got off the Honda Owners site. I just figured they wouldn't show them to me if they weren't applicable.

thanks so much for your help

Paksen