General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Balance shaft

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 11:46 AM
golpha
Unregistered
Default Balance shaft

Hello,

I just did the timing belt and balance shaft belts on my 1995 Accord Lx. After everything was together I noticed while accelorating that I get a noise like a loose heat shield. I went back in and found some loose bolts. I also noticed that the front balance shaft has play in it. I mean that I can move the pully back and forth away from the block. I was wondering if this is normal. I thought that it could be the source of the noise, but I don't want to sink money in it if is normal. I also have a problem that occasionaly the car after it is warm will just stall in the driveway while idling in park. I replaced the PCV and it still does this. It sometimes if I hit the gas will idle rough for a little bit and try to idle normally. I think the iac might be going out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I love my car and want it to run right again.

Thank you,

Peter

Old 11-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Balance shaft

balance shaft moves a little normally okay. Pull off the IACV and blast all the crud out of the screen with some good carb cleaner, it probably wouldn't hurt to do a throttle plate cleaning as well. Be sure to use a SOFT brush [toothbrush] so you don't scratch up the throttle plate area