General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Bleeding brakes 98 Accord [Help]

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Default Bleeding brakes 98 Accord [Help]

I did a search on the subject and have the manual but I want to be absolutely certain before I start an entire brake system bleed after I have replaced all my pads and calipers. I know the thread said the order is Front left, right rear, front right, left rear or something. (Manual says similar thing) but I am not absolutely certain which is considered left/right when talking about the vehicle. Is is front drivers side, rear passenger side,, then front passenger side, right driver side? If someone could clarify the order of bleeding for me it would be greatly appreciated. I am working on a 98 Accord EX with v6 and disc brakes. Also any suggestions on what brake fuid would be good to use? Manual says Dot 3 or dot 4 and so does my car. Is one better than the other or does it matter? I need to buy brake fluid tonight and get this done so I can have my car back. Thanks again.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Bleeding brakes 98 Accord [Help]

brake fluid from the auto shop is good. bleed the farthest brake first which is the passenger side rear brake. then the driver side rear brake then the passenger side front brake and then lastly the driver side front brake.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:00 PM

I think the sequence you give is for prior to 98 accords. At least thats how the manual states it. I am just wondering if it is start with Front Drivers side = Front left, Then do Front Passenger Side = Front Right, Then do Rear Drivers Side = Rear Left and finish with Rear Passenger side = Rear Right. For the 1998 Accords. And as for "Brake fluid from the auto shop is good" What I was curious about was if I should go with DOT 4 instead of DOT 3 or vise-a-versa.
Thanks again.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:23 AM

just go to our DIY section there is a post on brake bleeding follow the directions in there ..

Old 10-06-2006, 04:57 AM

I figured it out thanks.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Hey Desert my Man, do you mean that we have a section for Do It Yourselfs ( DIY) some where's in the forums where we can figure things out by reading about them?????
Tell Me my Friend...where would that section be at ???

WheelBrokerAng [sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]
(humor post)

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

just go to our DIY section there is a post on brake bleeding follow the directions in there ..

Old 10-08-2006, 01:43 AM

ORIGINAL: BlueByYou

I did a search on the subject and have the manual but I want to be absolutely certain before I start an entire brake system bleed after I have replaced all my pads and calipers. I know the thread said the order is Front left, right rear, front right, left rear or something. (Manual says similar thing) but I am not absolutely certain which is considered left/right when talking about the vehicle.
The Honda factory service manual say the proper order is: Left front, right front, right rear, left rear.

Sitting in the drivers seat, left is left, right is right.