General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bose help please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Default bose help please!!!!

hello i have a honda/alpine cm839ro bose system and my car came without a pin number, i cannot afford to take my car to a dealer but i have a spare sony xplod head unit with usb from my last car but i do not want to compromise my bose system quality.
so i either need my pin number or where can i get a wiring harness??
please help soon
thanks, leon

Old 02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

It would help to know what year of accord you have. Put that information in your signature.

The Honda Owner's link should provide you with the factory PIN number for your stereo. There may be a sticker somewhere on your glove box. Look through the owner's manual to see if the PIN is written in the book or if it give you the location to find that number.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Default looking

i tried looking in all the obvious places, dash,bookect then i thought i'd ask on here, the car is a 1998 accord 2.0 se exec s reg, Have thought about putting my sony xplod with usb in but i believe 1, the sub will not work and 2, the feed to the cables is low power to supply the amps, if i plug a 400w amped stereo into this i risk blowing all the sprakers up....what i need is the code....

The dealer says if i turn the ignition on with the Head unit switched on and hold 1+6 at the same time it should give me the code, thid does not work...

Please someone suggest something which is preferably FOC

regards, Leon

Old 02-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
It would help to know what year of accord you have. Put that information in your signature.

The Honda Owner's link should provide you with the factory PIN number for your stereo. There may be a sticker somewhere on your glove box. Look through the owner's manual to see if the PIN is written in the book or if it give you the location to find that number.

Where do i find this owners link?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

www dot ahm-ownerlink dot com
Honda USA Owner's Link website - are you in USA?

Sign up & enter the VIN of your car & you can see on-line owner's manual, get your radio security code, & other stuff.

If you're not in USA, the site will probably recognize that your car isn't a USA Honda. Maybe there's a corresponding site for other countries?

Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
www dot ahm-ownerlink dot com
Honda USA Owner's Link website - are you in USA?

Sign up & enter the VIN of your car & you can see on-line owner's manual, get your radio security code, & other stuff.

If you're not in USA, the site will probably recognize that your car isn't a USA Honda. Maybe there's a corresponding site for other countries?

thanks, i am in the uk, i will search now for a version over here
regards, leon

Old 02-09-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by mrwall
hello i have a honda/alpine cm839ro bose system and my car came without a pin number, i cannot afford to take my car to a dealer but i have a spare sony xplod head unit with usb from my last car but i do not want to compromise my bose system quality.
so i either need my pin number or where can i get a wiring harness??
please help soon
thanks, leon

serial number is 39101-S1AG010-M1

Old 02-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe something like this???
It looks similar, but I didn't spend too much time browsing.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/youandyourcar/