General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light problem...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
stratosphere
Unregistered
Default Brake light problem...

Hi all...

I have a Honda 96 Accord, and I turned the car on a couple of days ago and the "brakelamp" light turned on in the dashboard. I tested the brakelights, and found that the right brakelight doesn't come on.

Heres the funny thing though; when I activate my car alarm (on and off) the lights go on perfectly fine! So I know its not a issue with the light itself. I have checked all the fuses and no of them are blown. I switched some fuses out, but don't know if they were the right ones because there is no fuse called "right taillight", or similar, just "stop light", "turn signal"...and so on.

I searched this forum and found that a member had a similar problem and fixed it..he said;

Finally found the fix...pulled out both wire sets for left and right tail lights. Never noticed it before but there is a third little light that faces sideways and found it burned out. Also, one of the dual filaments on the L brake light was intermittent so i just replaced both left and right. Also found corrosion on the pin connectors (probably form bad tail light seals) so sprayed them down with contact cleaner and packed all connectors with dielectric grease, put back together, good as new. Hope this helps someone in the future...
Could this be it?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Default RE: Brake light problem...

uh, sort of. it sounds like the problem one of the two filaments in the dual filament bulb that goes in the tail lights broke. this would explain why the brake light wont work (broke filament) while the parking lights work fine. replacing the bulb should fix the problem.