General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Break issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Default Break issue

A little while back I noticed that sometimes just before I came to a complete stop it felt like the brakes disengaged and then engaged again. just for a split second. Kind of like abs pulsing but it didn't pulse it just let go once and it lasted a little longer than an abs pulse.

Any way as time went on it was happening every time I stoped. I checked my brake fluid and abs fluid. Abs was low so I filled it and presto the problem was gone.... for about 3 weeks. Now its started agin and abs fluid level never droped (i did over fill it a little does that matter? do you need to bleed it after filling?). I've notice now that it's started again my main brake fluid is low so i toped it up and no difference the first day or two and now it hasen't done it for about a week????.

I took a look under the car and didn't see any visible leaks on any of the break lines.

Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks...

Old 06-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Default RE: Break issue

Anyone? A little help... please

(this is a seperate issue from the "ABS disable" post I also started - different car)

Old 06-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

leaky modulator?

I would take it in for a diag

Old 06-13-2006, 10:19 AM

Well my car stopped doing the wierd brake thing... good right? Well it stoped but now my ABS light is on. Does that mean it was an abs problem? iwould think so... Is there a way i can check the modulator for leaks? Could an over full abs resivour be the cause? Would bleeding the abs system help. the last time it was coming on my mechanic bleed the system and the light went off. how would i bleed the system. i know where the bleed screw is but do i have to pump the brakes?