General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a bunch of little things i need help with

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:43 AM
delkampg
Unregistered
Default a bunch of little things i need help with

i just bought a 96 2 dr accord and it has a bunch of little things wrong with it that i cant seem to figure out. it didnt have a ciggerte lighter so i went and got one from a junk yard only to find out that the pig tail on the lighter is the same as the one that is suppose to hook up to it, is there a connecter/converter i can get for it? also i cant find door panels anywhere, the interior is grey, ive checked every junkyard ebay and craigslist and cant find them any suggestions? im looking to pay no more then 35 each after shipping (if shipping is necasary). the **** (not slider) that adjusts the a/c is weird. it turns one way, towards the heat, but when you get towards the cold end it gets hard to turn and will slide about a quater of the way back when turned all the way. also im looking to do something to make it accelerate faster but not sure what to do, it already has a ram intake a throttle body and spoiler

Old 04-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Default RE: a bunch of little things i need help with

For the cig lighter, just cut the wires and solder them in place, or use crimp connectors.

Leave your # with the junkyards and have them call you when a car comes in with your door panels. Call them once a week and ask, even if they don't call. One will come by eventually, just be sure you're the first one to get to them.

Try lubricating the slider and the tube/wire for the heating problem.

A spoiler doesn't make you go faster. If anything the added wind resistance will slow you down, admittedly not by that much. All a spoiler will do is add downforce to the back end which you really don't need since I think you are FWD. Best bet for the $$ is a K&N air filter, beyond that things start getting spendy and will take a lot of time.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
delkampg
Unregistered
Default RE: a bunch of little things i need help with

ok i think i f-ed up big cause i put the wires for the cig lighter together and now the radio wont work and the clock is pretty dim unless you push a little tiny button next to the reset button. i checked the fuses that said cig igter and radio but they were both good. what did i do? i think i may have crossed some wires for a bit but the cigg lighter still works. and i dont think its a fuse cause then the stuff wouldnt work at all rightt? im gonna start a new post cause im freaking out.