General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please read and try to help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:27 PM
delkampg
Unregistered
Default please read and try to help

ok i think i f-ed up big cause i put the wires for the cig lighter together and now the radio wont work and the clock is pretty dim unless you push a little tiny button next to the reset button. i checked the fuses that said cig igter and radio but they were both good. what did i do? i think i may have crossed some wires for a bit but the cigg lighter still works. and i dont think its a fuse cause then the stuff wouldnt work at all rightt? i did hook the clock pig tail up to the lighter for a while to but there the same hook up. i couldnt have fried wires cause a fuse would have blown first right? also the clock reset to one and i set it and when i turn the car off and back on it resets again.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: please read and try to help

I'm not sure how you wired it up, but something is off.

If you go to http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/ they have the shop manual for a 94, which should be identical to your setup in a 96. The electrical pdf is what you want to look at. It mentions some ground locations. You can download a 94 electrical suppliment from the spoonhonda site in the online manuals thread in the diy section. That has the ground locations. Hopefully that will be enough information to determine the problem with the lighter or lighter relay.

Good luck.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
delkampg
Unregistered

i dont think its with the lighter cause i have disconnected it now and put everything back to where it was before i hooked the lighter up and the stuff still doesnt work

Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

underhood fuse panel 7.5 amp fuse, might be marked "radio".

Old 04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
delkampg
Unregistered

i looked at that one it was good

Old 04-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

The one thing the radio and cigarette lighter have in common is Fuse #36 and #11 and ground. If you have a multi-meter, check that the black wire going to the cigarette lighter has continuity to ground. It looks like there is a ground coming from the cigarette lighter relay and another ground from the cigarette lighter itself (G401 and G403). Look at page 23-231 for a wiring diagram. The ground locations are in that electrical suppliment that I mentioned earlier.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM
delkampg
Unregistered

it ended up being the back up radio fuse, one of 2 radio fuses under the hood. then there is also a radio fuse under the dash, but it was fine. i still dont understand why it would dim the clock and not kill it completly but im not complaining.