General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Heater dash lights HVAC Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 03:32 PM

anyone actually resolve this issue? I'm sure someone has but.... like the other guy said it's funny how once the problem is fixed no one posts the resolution. it would be cool if they did because then we'd have an archive of problems fixed. Meaning that we wouldn't have to shell out money to the local shops!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

What year do you have and what tests have been done to date?

Old 01-17-2012, 08:35 PM

I have posted a couple of times about this issue. Our '99 had the exact same problem when we bought it last year. The lights were intermittent at first, then quit working all together. I found this board when I was looking for the answer. I found a used control on ebay for $50. I haven't had any trouble since.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shindo03
anyone actually resolve this issue? I'm sure someone has but.... like the other guy said it's funny how once the problem is fixed no one posts the resolution. it would be cool if they did because then we'd have an archive of problems fixed. Meaning that we wouldn't have to shell out money to the local shops!
YES! That's exactly why I try to thank people who actually come back to post the final outcome.

But you still have to remember that most problems can be caused by more than one thing, so you might still have to diagnose.

Last edited by JimBlake; 01-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Default Same issue

I'm having the same issue with my selector lights going out and turning back on randomly. I'm not sure but it doesn't seem to have to do with the a/c at all because I never have mine on and it still happens. The blower still works I just can't use the buttons or the temp dial. Also I've noticed there is a clicking sound from the glove box area when the lights turn off and on. Is there a relay or something in that area?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Default Possible solution

I came across this forum, and read through the posts. I also find it frustrating that nobody posts back as to whether or not it fixes the issue.

I did come across this interesting post on another forum. It's very plausible, as I had my main relay go out a few years ago because of crappy solder. It wouldn't surprise me that this is a similar root cause.

To break it down, basically this guy soldered a wire to jump over a corroded point on the board and it worked for him. Very cheap and easy fix. I'll be trying it this weekend, and I'll post back as to whether or not it works.

For now, here's the link: (post #13)
Heater / AC Control Replacement - Drive Accord Honda Forums