General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Question **update**

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Texas94Accord
Unregistered
Default A/C Question **update**

I just had someone check my A/C and the clutch and compressor were fine. They evacuated the system and replaced the freon. He said it held a charge and put a vacuum on it for 45 minutes and there were no leaks. The problem I was having prior to having it looked at, was my left main vent started to blow a vapor through the vent. Someone told me it may be the evaparator core,but Honda said not necessarily. Well I picked it up night b4 last it all it blows, is outside air. I have the A/C switch on but I noticed when I turn it off, nothing happens, its the same air temp. Also my module lights up for the vent selection but it will not switch properly, what gives on that?

Signed FRUSTRATED[:@]

If anyone is interested I found my problem to the A/C issue. I had to replace the discharge line.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: A/C Question

they should have completely checked it out before giving it back. first check to see if the compressor is actually running turn the a/c on high and look under the hood. its the pulley on the drivers side closest to the radiator and lowest towards the ground. there is an inside and outside pulley on it make sure they are both spinning if it isnt, then you know the compressor isnt working. now if it isnt working you probably just have low freon but you have to find the leak. its really a difficult thing to do even the most seasoned veteran can get frustrated. it could be an evap leak i had one. resealing the evap is very easy but getting the evap out is going to be one of the most teadeous things you could ever do. id rather put a timing belt in, but its not as difficult as changing out a clutch.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:10 PM

Had the same thing happen on the wife's 94. Blowing hot air so I assumed that the freon was low. Added some freon bit it did not help. Checked the temp (hot/cold) switch and the wife had broken the inside so it was not moving the cable inside. It was stuck on hot. Replaced the **** problem fixed. She has since broken two more. Keep a spare in the glove box now. About $8 at the Honda place. Just a thought.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Texas94Accord
Unregistered

thanks for that, I will check it out. I know when I turn the **** I hear it clicking like its switching over.