General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Car is Picky About... Everything?? (93 Accord)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 03:22 PM

The guy at the garage agreed to take a look at my car about the alignment issue free of charge since I had already paid for previous service on the issue, I will find out what's going on with that tomorrow.

So now I'm back to electrical issue questions. Checked all fuses, all are good. My rear deck speakers work because I have heard them a few times, but they don't come on almost ever. I checked a majority of the wires and all seem to be intact. I have not yet pulled out the stereo (I hate doing stereos..) to check the harness. If that harness is good, what could be the issue there? I'd like to upgrade my speakers but I don't want to spend the money on them if I can't solve this issue. Also, my air is still weak, though it did improve slightly.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by militiamaiden
The guy at the garage agreed to take a look at my car about the alignment issue free of charge since I had already paid for previous service on the issue, I will find out what's going on with that tomorrow.

So now I'm back to electrical issue questions. Checked all fuses, all are good. My rear deck speakers work because I have heard them a few times, but they don't come on almost ever. I checked a majority of the wires and all seem to be intact. I have not yet pulled out the stereo (I hate doing stereos..) to check the harness. If that harness is good, what could be the issue there? I'd like to upgrade my speakers but I don't want to spend the money on them if I can't solve this issue. Also, my air is still weak, though it did improve slightly.
EDIT: Just ran out to do a double-check on the wires (I really need to double check these things before I post things more often...) and my grounds are bad! Going to replace those hopefully sometime this week and I will update this thread with the outcome of it.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 AM

Took it back to the garage where I had the alignment done today to have them fix it, again. Turns out that the first time I brought it in they failed to check the actual steering components, tire pressure, and basically everything that didn't involve tie rods. They ended up redoing their work free of charge for me. Lesson learned there is just because the place says "garage" and the people inside are "mechanics" doesn't mean you can always trust your car to come out right. Going to continue driving it to see if they got it right this time.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Well, at least they didn't turn you away saying "tough luck".

Old 10-24-2013, 08:45 PM

Alright, they still did not get the alignment right. Though learning from a good friend, I find out they do not even have the proper equipment. Not sure how I'm going to handle this situation yet but I'll figure that one later. I guess the lesson there is, don't trust a place just cause it says "garage" and "mechanic".

So, I got the wires regrounded and repaired in hopes of getting all of my electrical things working again. The only thing it really solved was the no start issue I was previously having. This at least tells me that my alternator is NOT bad like I was beginning to think. So the car starts no fail everytime now. But, my rear decks still don't work and my blowers are still pretty dead, also not producing temperature. My guess at this point is either the blower motor is bad or the cooling/heating coils are shot. I'm thinking the speakers in the back are just bad because the wiring to them is all completely intact. Replacing those soon anyway.

Figured I'd drop an update, any suggestions would help too !

Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

In regards to your car heat, check that the heater valve (located in the engine compartment is properly opening and closing.

Here's a link that has some info. related to your model year car.

http://www.justanswer.com/honda/1l17...heater-ac.html