General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is Picky About... Everything?? (93 Accord)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

If your brake lights are staying on due to the broken pedal stopper pad, that may be the reason your car needed a jump.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...roblems-56607/

Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
If your brake lights are staying on due to the broken pedal stopper pad, that may be the reason your car needed a jump.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...roblems-56607/
Read what you wrote on the other thread, good info. I will have to check on that, but I thought I saw a piece falling from where my relay switch is located. Who knows, really never hurts to check.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 PM

Update, I reset the ECU, and the car fired right up first try, no holding back and full power. A very healthy start, which it has not done in the past few weeks like I stated earlier. I'm pretty stumped, though it had a strong start I know there is still something going on so I won't forget about it just yet.

Last edited by militiamaiden; 09-15-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

For the air delivery of heat and A/C, check the No. 8 (7.5A) fuse located in the under-dash fuse/relay box. Also, is your controls the button or lever type?

Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 PM

Oh, I have not yet been able to check that set of fuses since the location is tedious. The parts store never suggested that one either... I will definitely have to look there really soon. Also they are button type.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:42 PM

Alright I'm back with some updates. Car starts everytime now after replacing battery and throwing the shift stick (automatic) up and down while off. No issues there since. Blower motor still wacky, though it does work just a tad better than before. Just installed an aftermarket air intake system and all was well until tonight. Was pulling out of work, gently touched the brakes, a puff of smoke, rolled forward more, hit the brakes harder, a bigger puff but it smelled like it was burning. The smoke was greyish, but it was poorly lit and my headlights have a blue tint so it could have been white. Gauges read normal but it felt warmer to me. It did rain a bit today so I'm not sure if some water sneaked underneath or something. I drove it easy home, like 2nd gear easy, and nothing happened during the short drive. Still worried about the temp though. Hoping it was really just water..

Old 10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Several things are described in your post, a little confusing.

Where did you see the smoke from, directly in front of the car, near brakes?

The gauge is for the coolant temperature at the engine, which is different than the temperature inside the cabin. Does it seem like the car is overheating or was it just warmer in the cabin?

Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 PM

Smoke/steam, whatever it happened to be came from the very front end like near the radiator and puffed out the sides. And it felt the car itself was overheating. Drove it around today for short bit and it felt average, going to check all the coolant systems and fluids tomorrow afternoon. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it was just a bit or rain water that snuck in there.

Also, another update I forgot to mention in my last post. I aligned the car about 2 months ago but wasn't really driving it much for a while after that, later replaced the entire brake system (had that professionally done) with aftermarket parts and that's when I began driving it daily again. Less than 2 weeks of it's usual demand (which isn't much, either), my driver's side wheel, just that one, is pulling to left again wearing towards the outer area. Now I avoid bumps and general road roughness like the plague, so it's not my driving. I know my front swing arm bushings need to be replaced soon, though they are still there with a bit of life left. Is it possible that either, the garage I had it aligned at didn't align it correctly, or, it's actually totally possible that the bushings is what's pulling it out of alignment?

Old 10-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Almost all shops have a limited warranty for their alignments. Go back to the shop and ask them to check the alignment and what may be the cause of your tire wear.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:57 PM

I will check with them and hope they don't decide to charge me random charges, I'll be back with any updates. Hopefully my thread is helping other people too, haha kinda what I was aiming for ;P

Quick Reply: Car is Picky About... Everything?? (93 Accord)