General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car seat replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Default car seat replacement?

Does anyone know where I can start to look for a replacement drivers side seat. Will higher generation seats fit in my 96? Should I start looking a junk yards or does anyone know of a resources where they sell slighty used vehicle parts, assuming the verhicle has been in an accident but some of the parts are okay?

thanks.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Default RE: car seat replacement?

ORIGINAL: maro

.... where they sell slighty used vehicle parts, assuming the verhicle has been in an accident but some of the parts are okay?

thanks.
I think it's called a junk yard when they do that .... *L* I'd probably start there, I'm sure you could order it OEM new but I bet that would cost a LOT.... What's wrong with your current one?

Old 04-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Too many beer farts?

Old 04-19-2007, 07:00 PM

LOL, at your replies...

What's wrong with my current seat. well, it's mad uncomfortable. I mean to the point where I'm willing to spend money to replace it. I was just driving a 88 mazda 626 and the seats we Still plush comfortable. Also, the Honda OEM lumbar switch is stuck in a position that bothers my back and we re-adjust. i guess I could get that back insert thing from pep boys,. I know I can call Junk yards. But can I get a seat from a newer model accord. a comforable seat, to me, is just as important as a well running engine. I mean, what's the point if you can't drive for long due to discomfort. Note the miles on my car. It's well used.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:29 PM

I'm sure that there are a few seats that will fit/replace your current one.... however since it is important to you it may be cheaper to just call around to some local upolstery shops and see about inserting a better/newer foam with a little bit of memory foam.... I'll bet you could get a really comfy seat that way and it would still look stock...

Old 04-19-2007, 09:33 PM

up here in the pacific northwest we have a place called "ufixithonda" parts yard,they are basically a salvage yards specifically for honda's and acura's. i do not know where your from but see if you have something like that in your area.but if your close to the northwest you could check their website" ufixithonda.com" and see if they have what your looking for. good luck

Old 04-20-2007, 03:42 AM

checkin that site now. thanks for help!!

Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 AM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I'm sure that there are a few seats that will fit/replace your current one.... however since it is important to you it may be cheaper to just call around to some local upolstery shops and see about inserting a better/newer foam with a little bit of memory foam.... I'll bet you could get a really comfy seat that way and it would still look stock...
I agree you could make a big difference for minimal $$ just by adding or replacing worn out foam. I've done this myself on a few cars I've owned. Not like new, but a big improvement.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:32 PM

there is a section in Philly called Fabric Row. Lots of appolstering.(SP) . I'll call around. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 04-24-2007, 03:46 PM

You can buy a memory foam pillow for like $20.00 at walmart, I would think that adding one of those to the seat in place of some of the foam would make that quite comfortable....