General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wouldn't start.... and

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:43 AM
guster900
Unregistered
Default Car wouldn't start.... and

So I have never had a problme with my accord starting. It has a very new battery, but it was low on gas. But last nite I drove around a bunch, no problems at all. Parked in the garage, and this morning it just wouldn't start. It would crank & crank, but just wouldn't start. So after about an hour, I decided I would need it towed, so I put it in neutral and pushed it out into the driveway. It rolled back about 15ft total, and then it started instantly, perfectly, with no problem. I drove it over to my parents house and let it sit for 5min or so and it still started up just perfectly. So we'll see how it acts later, but can anyone shed any light on why this happened? It doesn't make sense to me, any thoughts would be appreciated!

Old 12-23-2006, 01:15 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Car wouldn't start.... and

Hey there!
How low on gas was the car? Was the gas light on? Also, how cold was it that night?

Old 12-23-2006, 01:32 PM
guster900
Unregistered

Well the car is low on gas, but the light was not on yet. I'd say I have 30-40 more miles in the tank max, its just about on the E line, but no light yet. Also, it was around 40 last nite for the low, but it was in a garage so it was a bit warmewr then that.

I thought at first maybe it had something to do with low gas, like not enough preasure in the tank, but why would just rolling it back fix it all of the sudden? I'm going to go see if it starts again pretty soon, its been several hours. I don't know if I should be concerned about this or not, I'm hoping it was a fluke thing.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:34 PM

what year is it? is it an automatic or a manual? fuel injected or carburetor.