General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing the AC compressor of my honda accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 02:11 AM
Default Changing the AC compressor of my honda accord

Good day to you all my friends in HAF, i will be changing the AC compressor of my 1998 honda accord today. It has been more than a year now the compressor got damaged, and now the temperature in my country here in Nigeria is terribly hot. I want to find out apart from cooling the car interior, what other advantages can the car(ACCORD) achieve from this cooling effect. Does it prolong some important component within the car when the AC is switch on for a long time?. Recently i have noticed that after travelling for a long time under hot temperatures, when i want to restart the car after coming to a stop, the car will not start immediately. It takes some time before it could start in hot conditions this is without the AC on. i have rule out the problem of battery getting weak, i am thinking probably problem from the ignition switch wire or so under hot conditions. Because in the morning after traveling for along time, there is no delay in starting up when i come to a stop. Sir, any other suggestion will be helpful in resolving this problem. THANKS

Old 02-24-2016, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

High cabin temperatures might be causing problems with the "main relay". That relay switches power to the fuel pump, and it's not unusual for it to get small cracks in some solder joints on the circuit board. People usually see this problem when the car has been parked in the hot sun.

Turn the key to "ON" but don't immediately continue to "START". Listen for the fuel pump to run for 2 seconds then stop. It's a faint buzzing sound inside the fuel tank, so have the radio & other sounds turned off. If the fuel pump doesn't run, it could be the main relay or the wiring back to the pump.