General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light , brake lamp, all door ajar

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Default Check engine light , brake lamp, all door ajar

Hey guys i have 2000 honda accord that recenlty go the catalytic converter stolen, today i installed a new one with the sensor, i even did a full tune up and changed the alternator as well but my check engine light is still on, the all door ajar light is on and the brake lamp light is on as well .the car was running perfectly fine before they stole the catalytic converter ..
Need help!!!

Old 11-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Welcome to HAF! I moved your post to a better forum for responses.

First step is to reset PCM and hopefully code will not return. Catalytic Converter Efficiency test takes some time to complete is why it probably hasn't reset. If code returns, you will have to investigate further; possible wiring/connector damage.

Door ajar means one of the door switches is not being closed by door frame. Look for a damaged door or damaged switch. You can find which switch is causing the fault by opening and manually closing the switch to shut off the light. If light still remains on, then a damaged switch is likely and will require more in depth diagnosis. Does your car does not indicate which door is open?

Brake lamp on means emergency brake switch is closed or low brake fluid switch is closed in brake reservoir. Disconnect fluid level switch in brake reservoir to confirm brake reservoir switch is the problem. In some the reservoir screen causes a problem due failure to allow fluid level to equalize. I belive there is a TSB on this issue. Post your finding and someone will provide additional details.

good luck

Old 11-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

The "brake lamp" warning is for burned-out brake lamp bulbs.
The "brake" warning lamp is for the handbrake or the fluid level.
Which one is lit?

The warning for brake lamps is based on comparing wattage of the bulbs. When a bulb is beginning to fail, it can still light up but at the wrong wattage.