General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light etc.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
accord2000
Unregistered
Default Check Engine Light etc.....

I am a newbee to the forum. My accord check engine light came during a long drive. Error code says 1259... which is VTEC malfunction. I had a oil level low for a day or so. I changed the oil and filled it back to the correct line. Can I just reset the check engine light and see whether it comes back? Or should I take it to the dealer?[:@]

Second issue is when I use the remote and lock the door, the horn does not sound anymore. Also, the light does not blincks as before.... any ideas? Problem occured during recent cold snap.[][:'(]

Thrid issue is the rear driver window switch on the driver switch sub assembly is not functioning. I tried to open using the remote switch mounted on the rear door and the window works fine. Should I go for a new switch subassembly or should I further trouble shoot? [&:]

Thanks for your help.....

Accord2000

-------------------------------------
Honda Accord 2000 EXL
-------------------------------------

Old 04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Check Engine Light etc.....

Hi new member...Please read the forum rules and Help topics, it's much easier that way for you to get your answers...also put all your info in your Profile for all to know about your vehicle..
Thank You !

WheelbrokerAng

Old 04-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Check Engine Light etc.....

DTC P1259 corresponds to Obd1 code 22 which is a VTEC circuit malfunction. Unlikely that a brief period of low oil pressure would cause a circuit error. Reset the ECU and see if DTC returns. I think you'll have to get this done w/ an OBD2 device. Check w/ local auto parts store. Most will do this free of charge.

good luck