General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circulation and Fresh Air button noises

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:17 AM
LandSpeeder
Unregistered
Default Circulation and Fresh Air button noises

I first want to say that I've had my 91 Accord LX now for 5 days and since then I used this board to fix the "S blinking - speedo intermitant - CEL on all at once" with a newer VSS and the "car won't start when warm outside" with a resoldered Main/FI relay..... THANKS! I've also found how to fix water from dripping into the trunk and diagnosed the heater blower.... well maybe not the heater blower... read below.

This is my brothers old car and he told me that the heater blower quit, then he side swiped a deer one morning and the heater blower came back on but only for 3 weeks then went off again. I've found on this board that scenario it might be the brushes in the blower going bad. As of right now, all speeds of the **** work, but I can not depress the fresh air button nor the recirculation button with out an awful "stripped gear" sounding noise coming from the heater blower area (behind the glove box). Does this sound like both fans in the blower motor are stripped?
I downloaded the entire 91 FSM (yes the 1500+ page one) and I can see how to get to the blower to drop it.
Also, I purchased a 92 Accord EX for parts and it's already paid for itsself by the parts I've robbed. The 92's heater blower **** does not work but I'm wondering if I can frankenstein the two blowers. Anyone have experience with combining two if it's possible?

Many questions I know...
Thoughts?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:03 AM
LandSpeeder
Unregistered
Default RE: Circulation and Fresh Air button noises

I fixed the issue with the parts rig's heater blower. works great now. straight up swap-out. Now on to the AC!