General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Components of rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Default Components of rear suspension

Since I'm still kind of new to this, was wondering if I could get a list of what makes up my rear suspension. I want to try to go ahead and order parts because I know if I don't order stuff before I'm done tearing it apart itl never get put back together in time. And would rock auto be my cheapest source? I'm putting all new stock parts on but AM planning to lower with a set of eibach springs. Anything I would need to go with or will all other stock parts work?

Old 07-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

There are a few things back there.......what are you "getting into"?

If you are just doing the rear springs/shocks/struts.....should be straight forward?

Old 07-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I lowered mine with Eibach Pro Kit (30mm drop) and Koni STR.T ... didn't need to change out any suspension components to do this. If you are planning to do Eibach Sport (40mm drop) you may start to run into camber issues.

If you want to refresh your suspension by replacing all bushings (and/or parts that have bushings in them) with fresh new ones, places like RockAuto or PartsGeek should be fine. I just purchased some Beck/Arnley control arms for the right rear (car accident, links bent) and they look pretty sturdy ... one of them in fact is a Honda label part. I also replaced with Moog Problem Solver upper control arms on the front.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM

Was planning on going with the sport since its a lower drop but if it will en up causes more problems than issues il just go with the pro. And as far as what I'm getting into, I'm replacing everything with new parts. Car has +265xxx on it and I figured it'd be a learning experience for me and I would have a good, sound, secure car when I'm finished.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:54 PM

I find if I need a diagram or a part # I will go here: Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store
Go to the parts catalog online and fill in you particular model and then go through the list to find what you seek. You can print out the diagram and or the parts list as well.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by cwfmmr
Was planning on going with the sport since its a lower drop but if it will en up causes more problems than issues il just go with the pro.
If it helps at all, here is our car with stock springs vs Eibach Pro Kit ...

Attached Thumbnails Components of rear suspension-before1.jpg   Components of rear suspension-after2.jpg  
Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

exploded view:

Attached Thumbnails Components of rear suspension-image1.jpg  
Old 07-30-2013, 05:42 PM

Anyway you could label each number for me by chance?

Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Go to parts.com if you want to see some diagrams ...

Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life

Add a part to the cart to see the OEM part number.

If you are looking for OEM replacement I suggest you also check out sonshonda.com.

If you are looking for aftermarket (e.g. Moog, Beck/Arnley) then go to partsgeek.com or rockauto.com (... and there are many other recommendations as well). These aftermarket sites tend to NOT have the diagrams in them, so you just have to know the names of the part, and in some cases can search by OEM part number.