General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Cruise Control 1995 Accord LX

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Default Cruise Control 1995 Accord LX

I have jumped around a few different threads here and on Honda Tech. Basically I have the issue that my lights will all come on when I hit the main cruise switch and the cruise set on the steering wheel. Soon as I let off the accelerator the car decelerates just as if I didn't have cruise on at all.

I have checked ALL of my fuses under the hood and under the steering column. I have also removed the cable linkage from the actuator and done a vacuum test by pressing in the bellows, removing the vacuum lines, and holding the ports closed with my fingers and the bellows has stayed depressed until I remove my fingers. The actuator appears to be in good working order.

I have also tried searching for vacuum leaks. I am not very experienced, but I used the carb cleaner as suggest and sprayed around the actuator vacuum lines and other vacuum lines with no drop in RPM's. I have also removed and plugged back in any molex connectors I can get my hands on, especially the ones near the actuator. I also unplugged the control module for the cruise control under the dash and made sure the plug was clear of debris and plugged it back in. I would check the break switch, but I'm pretty certain that the light on the instrument panel would go off if any of the switches were bad. It's not a question of disengaging, it's not setting in the first place.

Sorry for the long first post, but I have covered all of my bases I can think of and am looking for any suggestions.

Thank you.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

How did this work on HT?

My first question, auto or manual trans?

2nd question - do you have a volt meter?

Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 PM

Sorry for the delay. I thought I had it going yesterday, then today on the highway it didn't work again. Then I parked my car at the store and when I tried again on my way home it worked :/. Not sure what's going on.

Question 1:
It's a 4-speed automatic.
Question 2:
No, but I can easily get one.

On Honda Tech they had pretty much the same synopsis. The actuator must be bad, but I have confirmed the bellows are in perfect working order and can hold a vacuum very well.

Last edited by gibbygano; 09-28-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Didn't answer all questions.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

What did you do to "get it going"?

Check for stored codes just for giggles.

The vac tank for the act is under it, I know you checked for leaks but it is a bit hard to get under there.