General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dash light problem after new deck install

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:43 AM
gabriel23
Unregistered
Default dash light problem after new deck install

I just installed a new Pioneer CD player in my 2000 Accord. The dash lights do not work after the install. I noticed that the stock Accord radio wiring has one illumination wire and a dimmer wire, but the deck I bought only has one ( orange/white stripe ) illumination wire and no dimmer mire. I called a couple install shops and Crutchfield tech support and they said from what I told them I should have it all hooked up right. They say to hook the ill. wire from the deck to to Ill. wire from the Accord and to leave the Dimmer wire from the Accord alone. Is this right? Anyone had this problem? Please HELP!!

Old 02-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: dash light problem after new deck install

That dimmer wire is a control to dim the stock radio with everything else, I cant claim to have the same problem with that because my dimmer isnt attached to anything for the deck. But it shouldnt have effected anything with the dash unless you tapped the power wire somewhere it really shouldnt have. Have you checked the fuse associated with the dash?

Old 02-25-2006, 10:20 PM
gabriel23
Unregistered

I connected all the wire harness wires to the deck wire harness before doing anything. Once all connected, I just plugged the harness into the car and the other end into the deck, put the deck in place and turned the car on to make sure it worked right. The deck lit up and there was sound. It appeared all was good. Then a friend standing outside the car noticed the rear lights weren't working, either were the parking lights. So I turned the car off, replaced that fuse, turned the car back on, turned the lights on and everything was good to go. Then I noticed the dash lights weren't working. I've checked all the mini-bus fused on the pass/driver sides and the ones under the hood. Can't seem to find any fuses blown. I did notice that in the fuse box under the hood that there are a few fuses I cannot tell by looking at then if they are out or not. They are bigger and not the same a mini-bus fuses like the rest of them. Do you think it could be one of those? Oh and thank you very much for the reply!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:26 PM

Did you ever get this figured out? I had my radio stolen and now my dash lights are not working. I spliced in a stock radio harness to the wires that were cut, got an adapted and spliced that in with the new aftermarket deck I bought. Thanks for the help.