General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

dealership stole my intake!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Default dealership stole my intake!!!!!

ok so i brought my 01 accord ex v6 to the dealership for the 60,000 maintaince. after i got the car back i was like ok cool. i pulled out the dealership and gas a little and all i heard was my exhaust i was like WTF???? then i decided to just gas it one more time maybe something was wrong and the intake wasnt making the sound yet. again NO intake sound just my exhaust. i find a safe place to pull over and pop the hood open. i look and my aem sri is gone. the dealership took my intake and replace it with the old stock oem intake. i was furious. i drove back to the dealership and told them what had happened. and i got to speak to the repair manager and he told me they had to take the aftermarket intake off in order to reset the ecu or something. i was like that b/s why would they do that. i never ever heard that before... so i just thought the person who worked on my car just took it off for himself or something. and i was wondering if someone had experience a simular situation before.. and what sould i do..should i call corp. or honda??? please head. thanks

Old 11-10-2006, 04:13 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: dealership stole my intake!!!!!

So... they just took it off, replaced it with an OEM intake, and kept your short ram?

Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM

yeah and when i asked them where it was they said they couldnt find it. then the person who i was talking to left and came back and told me was i sure if i even had it on when i brought the car in? i was like WTF? are you serious. so i had to go home get my reciept for it and took my camera and showed it to the manager proving that i had it on that morning i brought it in. becasue i took pictures of my car that morning because it was foggy and it looked cool when my hid are on.lol. then they said they lost it.... thats honda dealership for ya..

Old 11-10-2006, 05:06 PM

that sux..
i dont get it ,,, first they said they had to reset the computer then they said u didnt have it and then they lost it.?
I thought that only happens in South Amerca ,,, but then agein they tell you , you didnt have a car in the first place.

Talk to the manager

Old 11-10-2006, 05:11 PM

ive already talked to the manager. they just keeping making up some b/s for the reason they took off my intake.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:30 PM

Wow that is absolutely ludicrious. I'd file a police report. In my eyes, that is theft -- taking of ones property without consent...

Regardless of their reasoning of why to take it off and replace it with the oem stockbox, they should have given you your part back. This reaffirms why I rarely take my car to the dealer. The only reason I went to the dealer with my last car was because of free oil changes for life. Then when they'd say something was wrong, of course there was something always wrong, i'd go to a local mechanic and he would tell me it's perfectly fine (most the time).

Old 11-10-2006, 06:16 PM

now i know why they are called the stealership. Even if they had to take it off, they cannot keep it or throw it away! They should have left it in the trunk. that is something serious and make sure they pay for another one.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:24 PM

That is the shadiest thing I have ever heard. They took it off, put on an a stock one and then failed to mention it to you. I hope those guys burn in hell. If I were you I would go back talk to the service manager and demand the money (good job at keeping the reciept!) for the cost of you sri. If he starts to give you more grief then just say "I want to speak to the owner (or some top dog)." That is theft and they know it. Some shady mechanic probably put it on his car or sold it. Bring all that proof you have in and show it to whoever runs that chop shop and demand what is yours.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:49 PM

screw that.... don't go in there alone, file a fricken police report and bring the cops down so that it's no longer your word against theirs.... That is theft unless you signed some consent form that said "go ahead and take anything you want and replace it with anything you like" which I know you didn't... If you'd like to be nicer than that then go in and ask to speak to the owner first, tell him what happened and if he blows smoke up your rear end call the police from their store, right in front of him, have your cell phone in your pocket with the number and when he tells you **** off then call him

Old 11-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

wow ,, wow,,, wow,,,,,,,,

even if they lost it or broke it,, the thing that they sMUST have done is to call you, make you aware of waht was going on and buy one and reistall it in the car... the same way your car was when it went into the dealership..........wow,, i cannot believe that a dealership would stoop that low

I am in agreement with the other members that said to file a police report ,,If after talking to dealership manager he did not say anything about reistalling the SRI to your car ..

and i find it hard to believe that it was lost,, HOLY COW ,, it is not a small bolt or washer that drops on the floor ( i have had a few of those ) we are talking about a SRI ,, how the heck would a teck lose something like that ???

And about taking it off to reset the ECU that is a bunch of crap........

If i were you........... I'd sue their butts

Quick Reply: dealership stole my intake!!!!!