General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealership stole my intake!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: dealership stole my intake!!!!!

well we need to know the name and location if this dealership immediately

Old 11-12-2006, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Start off by fileing a report with the BBB and make sure that they get a copy and that you also send a copy to Honda America..

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-12-2006, 04:34 AM

ok so heres the update. and the dealership is in serramonte colma. about 10 minutes from san francisco. so yesterday i went to the dealership and luckly i met up with the repair manager. i asked him if he found out anything new about my intake. he act as if he didnt know who i was at first. he was like who are you again. then basically spending about 15 minutes re-explaing to him what is going on he then out of know where tells me he couldnt find it and when i told him he had to pay for it and i showed him the reciept for the intake and everything he then told me i had to go through honda corp or honda usa. i was like wow. then he tells me to leave. (and that was just in a nicer way to put it from what he said.) i then walk back to my car pulled my phone out and called the police. after waiting for the police to come which seemed like for ever (actually maybe like 10 minutes) and when the police came i told him what was going on. he basically told me i have proof of the purchasing of the intake but i dont have proof of having the intake on while having it survice. so baiscally the honda dealership manger told the cop that i probably took it off before i brought it in and blamed them for stealing it so i can get another free one. i was like that B/S you know. then i remember i had the pictures that said the date and time of when i took it. and after that the manager freak. you could tell the look on his face that he was getting scared and that he probably had something to do with this. he then took me into his office and told me to wait for about 5 or 10 minutes so he could make a call. he came back and he told me he just talked to his boss and they agreed to replace and reinstall it back onto my car. i was like UMMMMM NOOO its ok just get me the same intake and color and everything and i will install it myself because i dont want to leave my car alone in there again ever. heck they could take something else next time. so then they told me they were to order it on monday and i should have it back on wednesday or thursday hopefully i am keeping my fingers cross. so thats the story and sorry to this long novel like story and thanks for reading.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:36 AM

Good for you!!!! It must have been enjoyable to watch that manager squirm. He knew he was wrong the whole time and you stuck it to him! Keep us posted and I would still file a BBB report.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

you need to file a complaint with HOA explaining exactly what happened and who you talked to by name. HOA are very good people and will take care of the problem. Also it would not be a bad idea to get in touch with the dealership owner and talk to him directly...

Old 11-12-2006, 03:44 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well i'm glad your getting your intake back. I'll be sure to make sure everything is on my car after getting it serviced at any time. Sorry to hear about your trouble and thank goodness you took pictures that morning.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:53 PM

I am glad things worked out. Good thing you took that picture in the morning! Phew. I sure hope that the svc manager gets fired!!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 08:15 PM

well it very well might be true that to correctly get readings from your engine the sri had to come out. I once asked autozone to check out a check engine light and as soon as they opened the hood they told me I have to take my sri out before they could service it .... but dont take that crap about losing it ...

Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Don't forget to tell Honda. After we bought our '03 Accord, we filled out some kind of survey about the 'customer experience'... We said how the sales lady was really good but the finance guy messed up a couple things.

That doesn't compare with what they did to you, but after sending that survey in, that finance guy was absolutely falling all over himself trying to apologize about it. Apparently Honda was putting some pressure on him...

Old 11-13-2006, 03:12 AM

I agree totally with JimBlake and the others who say talk to Honda. I worked for a Honda dealership and they would all freak if Honda contacted the dealership with negative input or those surveys came back with bad news. One of the detail guys was actually fired because he forgot to wash one of the rear windows in an Odyssey mini van. I guess it was pretty gross (the van was new and was being sold) but the dealership did not take it lightly.

Quick Reply: dealership stole my intake!!!!!