General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Default honda accord 94 fan doesnt run!!need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Remove the connector to thermoswitch A at the thermostat housing and short the connector pins w/ a jumper wire. With keyswitch On, the cooling fans should both come on immediately and run until keyswitch is turned OFF. If not, you have a wiring problem in thermoswitch A wiring or connector problem at thermswitch A.

good luck

Old 12-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies

these were jump all the time but now i decided to fix the problem,they work the wirings fine

Old 12-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

You have done a lot of stuff already. You replaced the temp sensor A, coolant temperature sensor, the water pump, the radiator, and the thermostat. Did you get a thermostat from the honda dealership?

Does the car overheat while you are driving? Have you touched each radiator hose when the car is running to see if one is much hotter than the other?

Does the fan turn on when the temperature is above the half way mark on the gauge inside of the car?

You mentioned that you removed the a/c fan (driver's side). Is that still missing?

Old 12-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i have just finished testing the thermostat and it works ,its one of those fail safe thermostats (not from honda),bled the chamber also just to let you guys know.i was gonna switch it out but i left it in because the other one wasnt a failsafe.i also checked if the head gasket was blown by checking the radiator for any bubbles,its good.a/c condensor fan is still off.the gauge reaches near the hot end (as far as i want it to go)but doesn't turn on .i'll check the hoses temp later

Last edited by damninhell; 12-06-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:24 PM

the non honda thermostat sounds like trouble
(sorry disregaurd I lost those other posts)
I would take out the thermostat and test it by bringing it to a boil in a pot if water, should open before that. and pray it stays shut cause you may have a blown head gasket if not. while the thermostat is out i would close her up and start it up to verify the water pump is actually working by watching inside the radiator, should be flowing cold w/o thermostat.
good luck

Last edited by brokanic; 12-06-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by damninhell
.i also checked if the head gasket was blown by checking the radiator for any bubbles,its good. to go)but doesn't turn on .
not the proper way to chk for a blown head gasket.. should do a leakage test ,,
did you try the diagnose on the link i gave you on a earlier post ??

step by step,,

Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by deserthonda
not the proper way to chk for a blown head gasket.. should do a leakage test ,,
did you try the diagnose on the link i gave you on a earlier post ??

step by step,,
yeah i've been doing the steps but havent finished, thats what it says to look for if the head gasket is broken
Coolant flow troubleshooting: Open the filler cap. If the coolant refuses to flow normally at the filler neck, bleed the coolant, check for a clogged radiator, check for an eroded water pump impeller or test the thermostat. If the coolant flows but bubbles are also seen flowing along with the coolant then most likely the head gasket is broken. The head gasket failure indicates that the engine has undergone overheating in the past. The solution is to replace the head gasket after confirming it with a leak down test.