General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Actuator Problem????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Default Door Actuator Problem????

as we all know u cant lock the door from the inside without the door auto un locking so we dont lock our keys in ..... well over time i guess i wore the actuator gears out and it makes a loud grinding noise sometime 1 time or sometime repeatedly 10 times when i lock / activate alarm on my car.... i think i need to replace the actuator but im not sure and if i do how can i do it? is it EZ i have taken off the door panaling but it seemed that i didnt want to tear any plastic apart until i actually had the part and knew i needed to replace it
PLZ HELP GUYS..... thx

Old 06-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Door Actuator Problem????

ORIGINAL: 94AcCoRd

as we all know u cant lock the door from the inside without the door auto un locking so we dont lock our keys in .....
Sure you can, you just have to pull the inner door handle before hitting hte button.

ORIGINAL: 94AcCoRd

well over time i guess i wore the actuator gears out and it makes a loud grinding noise sometime 1 time or sometime repeatedly 10 times when i lock / activate alarm on my car.... i think i need to replace the actuator but im not sure and if i do how can i do it? is it EZ i have taken off the door panaling but it seemed that i didnt want to tear any plastic apart until i actually had the part and knew i needed to replace it
PLZ HELP GUYS..... thx
Grindy, buzzy noise? Sounds like a lock actuator. Pretty common.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i got to side with CHIO.. it sounds like a bad actuator..A lot of these have gone bad..

Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM

I know i can hold the door handle open and lock it... but like u guys said it the actuator .... how much it cost and is it EZ to replace????