General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Default door lock issues

I drive an 04 honda accord ex had problems with the keyless entry locking my doors only then the lock on both passenger and driver side wouldn't lock the doors. I read some forums and replaced both actuators the passenger was broke so when we finished the keyless entry and doors worked. It has not even been a month and I'm back at the same problem not sure where else to check fuses all check fine. Any help or opinions would be great....

Old 04-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Your post is a little confusing.

1. Is this a sedan (4-door) or a coupe (2-door)? If it is a sedan, which driver's side and which passenger side door locks don't work (all of them)?

2. How are the door locks not working? Does the door locks work with the door lock switches; for example, at the driver's door master switch and at the individual door switches?

3. Is the locking problem only with the remote transmitter?

Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Your post is a little confusing.

1. Is this a sedan (4-door) or a coupe (2-door)? If it is a sedan, which driver's side and which passenger side door locks don't work (all of them)?

2. How are the door locks not working? Does the door locks work with the door lock switches; for example, at the driver's door master switch and at the individual door switches?

3. Is the locking problem only with the remote transmitter?

It is a 4 door sedan...on the remote everything works but the lock button and on both driver side and passenger side doors the lock switch doesn't work but it will unlock only. So all switches to lock the car do not work have to lock manually. ..sorry for the confusion

Old 04-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

It may be a problem with the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU), which is built into the under-dash fuse/relay box. Another possibility is there is an open in the Yel/Blk wire that controls the lock function from the MICU to the respective actuators. But, usually the problem is related to the MICU.

1. Do a battery cable reset by disconnecting the negative and positive cables and connecting them together with a jumper wire for 15 minutes. -- Do not touch the battery terminals.

2. If that doesn't work, the MICU may need replacement.

This thread is somewhat similar to yours:
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...-2005-a-52092/

Old 04-15-2014, 04:09 PM

Sorry took so long to get back but I did the battery cable reset and did not work. Went to the parts store to check on getting a new micu and the guys there never heard of it nor could find in their systems. Not sure what that actually is or what part I would need to tell them to order to replace the micu

Old 04-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

You need a used part. Try car-part.com and ebay to locate an exact replacement part.

good luck