General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door locks working intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Default Door locks working intermittent

Long time lurker decided to make and account because i can't seem to find a conclusive answer.

I suspect i'm having multiple issues and that makes diagnosing the issue a bit harder.

My power locks don't seem to be working properly.

1. When driver side door is open. I can not lock all the doors from the switch.
2. When driver side door is open. I can hear the actuators click but all doors remain locked when trying to unlock.
3. When driver side door is closed. I can hear the actuators click but all doors remain locked when trying to unlock.
4. When driver side door is closed. I can hear the actuators click but all doors remain unlocked when trying to lock.
5. The seemingly random times it does decide to work, the doors only half lock/unlock.
6. The switch on the front passenger side does nothing whether door is open or closed and whether doors are locked or unlocked.
7. The back passenger side door does nothing no matter what. I suspect it's and actuator for that one.

i should note that i have had more success locking the doors by pressing the door nub manually.
I lost my fob a few years ago so its no longer a factor.

i hope this made sense.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

There have been cases of damaged wires in the flexible jumper assy from body to door. Fatigue causes wires to break leading to high resistance connection and problems or loss of control function. You have to pull grommets out, pull cover back, and inspect for damage wires.

good luck

Old 06-04-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
There have been cases of damaged wires in the flexible jumper assy from body to door. Fatigue causes wires to break leading to high resistance connection and problems or loss of control function. You have to pull grommets out, pull cover back, and inspect for damage wires.

good luck
Thanks i will take look at the wires