General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door panel removal 2001 Accord?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:49 PM
vteck2001
Unregistered
Default Door panel removal 2001 Accord?

Hi
I was wondering how you remove the door panel to replace the door speakers.
There is only one screw that I saw. I took it off. But had no luck from there.
Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

My car is a 2001 Accord V tec engine. MT. 2 door.
I don't know if its an LX or an EX.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Default RE: Door panel removal 2001 Accord?

there is a few screws.... I've never done an 01 personally but door removal should be close to others that I've done... Search for door removal in this forum and you'll find a great link... If you're as lazy as me here's a quick rundown....

Plastic clips/covers are over most of the screws, remove those covers (in the armrest and around the door handle inside) then remove those screws, around the bottom of the door they're just clips, start at the front of the door and wedge your fingers or something under there and pull up a bit, you should feel a pop, continue that process around the door panel and it should come out.... Your best bet though is to just click on search at the top of this page

Old 09-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

There is a screw under a cover in the door pull 'cup' and when you remove the latch handle there is a screw in a metal bracket, also a push pin in the front side upper.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5417/1FFE9ADEFA5341DD8E33329DBBF0937E.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-26-2006, 10:43 PM
vteck2001
Unregistered

Thank you very much.
I will have to try this on the weekend
Hope it works

Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Bers
Unregistered

To Remove Door Panel on 2001 Honda Accord:

A: To remove the plastic piece with the door lock button and door handle connected to it:

1- Remove the screw in the middle located behind a plastic cover button
2- Push (slide) the whole assembly Forward (toward front of car)
Besides the screw, it is held in place by 3 hooks on the backside that hook into holes in the metal door frame
3- Now unhook handle from small metal bar going through door by pushing (toward door) plastic clip (blue?) off of the bar, then the bar will come out of the clip hole, thus releasing the handle.
4- Depress little grey button /bar (purple painted on it)on elec. connector to seperate connector, thus releasing door lock switch

Now the whole assembly (metal handle, door lock switch, and plastic piece) will come off door panel

B: The door is held on by 2-screws, 7-plastic snaps/plugs, and 1-plastic plug.

The screws are located: bottom of hand hold and the other behind the handle, both covered by little covers that have to be pryed off to access the screws.(hint: the screw with the built in spacer goes behind the handle when you are trying to reinstall)
The 7-plastic snaps: 3 across bottom and 2 on each side. Not visible, they are mounted to the inside of the panel.
The 1-plastic plug is visible at the upper front of the panel and is the same color as the surrounding trim

C: Take off the big plastic triangle piece above the door panel and behind the mirror. Pull/pry off. It has 2 snaps holding it on. one near bottom and one near the front.

D: Light lens prys off from bottom. Unscrew (1/4 turn) the light assembly with bulb still intact from backside of panel

E: Remove the Hand-Hold/window switch assembly:

Remove screw from bottom of hand-hold, then lift out from back - it has a little hook on front end.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Question 1998 Accord Power Window hops at the top.

Would this process be the same for a 1998 Accord 2 door LX?

My passenger window goes up and down but I am not sure if it is off the track or the lifting mechanism is failing. It does not go all the way up and hops at the top.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by Bers
To Remove Door Panel on 2001 Honda Accord:

A: To remove the plastic piece with the door lock button and door handle connected to it:

1- Remove the screw in the middle located behind a plastic cover button
2- Push (slide) the whole assembly Forward (toward front of car)
Besides the screw, it is held in place by 3 hooks on the backside that hook into holes in the metal door frame
3- Now unhook handle from small metal bar going through door by pushing (toward door) plastic clip (blue?) off of the bar, then the bar will come out of the clip hole, thus releasing the handle.
4- Depress little grey button /bar (purple painted on it)on elec. connector to seperate connector, thus releasing door lock switch

Now the whole assembly (metal handle, door lock switch, and plastic piece) will come off door panel

B: The door is held on by 2-screws, 7-plastic snaps/plugs, and 1-plastic plug.

The screws are located: bottom of hand hold and the other behind the handle, both covered by little covers that have to be pryed off to access the screws.(hint: the screw with the built in spacer goes behind the handle when you are trying to reinstall)
The 7-plastic snaps: 3 across bottom and 2 on each side. Not visible, they are mounted to the inside of the panel.
The 1-plastic plug is visible at the upper front of the panel and is the same color as the surrounding trim

C: Take off the big plastic triangle piece above the door panel and behind the mirror. Pull/pry off. It has 2 snaps holding it on. one near bottom and one near the front.

D: Light lens prys off from bottom. Unscrew (1/4 turn) the light assembly with bulb still intact from backside of panel

E: Remove the Hand-Hold/window switch assembly:

Remove screw from bottom of hand-hold, then lift out from back - it has a little hook on front end.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by GetRealLV
Would this process be the same for a 1998 Accord 2 door LX
Any input is greatly appreciated!
Yes you are correct. All 6th gen 1998-2002

Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

This link has excerpts from the service manual to remove the door panel, etc.

Door panel removal and other info.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
This link has excerpts from the service manual to remove the door panel, etc.

Door panel removal and other info.

Thanks to all above for the information!

Old 01-13-2013, 01:46 PM