General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door panel removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Door panel removal

Hey all been a while since I've been on here I got a replacement window motor for the driverside door for our 93 Accord. I was wondering is there a special tool I need to remove the panel? I see the 2-3 screws up by the door handle. I don't want to mess up the panel

plus still having water problems in the trunk area after a good rain, I chaulked the tailights and the surrounding area. Could it be leeking in through the back window area and running down the hinges?

Thanks for the help

Old 04-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Does it have a sunroof? Check the rear drains. If the hoses come disconnected from where they go through the floor, that could be the source of the water.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks Jim, and YES it does have a sunroof, I had no idea about the hoses'. I'll check it out through one of the DIY spots. I'm sure the weather hot/cold what ever here in GA has taken it's toll on them.

Do I need to chaulk along the back window trim too? It seems to be sticking up about 1/8 + inch in some areas. This is my wifes car which when we're through paying off my Dodge Ram, we'll buy her a new Accord with a V6. Love that dark green with the mini front and rear spoilers and the fog light kit.

I need to keep this one rolling because it will be mine after she gets her new one. I'd love to drop in another motor and maybe a 5 speed when she becomes mine. My truck is for all our hauling duties and that isn't going anywhere forever and beyond, lol

Again thanks.

Last edited by DaIna-Kelela; 04-12-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I just removed my door panel awhile ago, newer year, but it shouldn't be too different. I just read an article for the 93 and it seems exactly the same.

To start off take out the little triangle shaped panel piece form the front of the window. Then just remove the tabs from the door handle and take that screw out and any other tabs that you see and remove the screws. The article said your year should have 2 screws. Then you'll need to slide your fingers behind the panel and feel for these metal clip type things. I suggest starting from the panel towards the front of the car and working your way clockwise back pulling those clips out. Just be careful not to pull too hard because there are wires connected for the lights, power locks, windows etc.

Once you've gotten it loose, slide your door handle towards the front of the car to pop it loose, then you can lift up on the entire door panel and disconnect the wires and you'll be good to go.

Hope that was descriptive enough

Old 04-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Default Hello Member

Good helpful post for our other member..

Jim and I Thank You

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Door panel removal-110109cu19cyou.jpg