General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive Windo

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
LAEXACCORDGUY
Unregistered
Default Drive Windo

My driver window works sporadically. I hit the button, it starts to roll down, then it stops and begins making a loud noise "like a drill", but if I hit the button the noise will go away but the window does not roll down. I can slightlypush down on the window and then it willbegin toroll down again, and then the same problem repeats itself. I picked up a used replacement master window switch thinking this was the problem, but its not. What else can i check? I was told to check the"regulator" but I haveno idea what this is. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Drive Windo

Window regulator is the window drive assembly that raises and lowers the window. It is a unit that is not designed to be repaired. When something is damaged, the regulator assy is replaced.

Remove door panel, lower window, release window from regulator, remove window from door, remove regulator, replace regulator, install window, replace door panel. This is short version of repair, however the details are important and you should download (check Online Manuals in DIY) or purchase a shop manual to guide this work.

Trying to force the door panel off w/o removing all the fasteners can damage the door panel, resulting in additional cost.

For future reference, read the new posters instructions and add your Accord model to your signature line.

good luck

Old 06-03-2008, 06:24 PM
LAEXACCORDGUY
Unregistered

Thanks TexasHonda, I forgot to check the box to always add my signature to my post, my bad. I have tried searching the DIY and the general topics section before posting my questions, but for some reason I keep getting a "no topic found" message. I'm sure I'm using the search function properly but haven't had any success. Thanks again for your help.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I believe the search engine is down. Site had some problems just recently, and probably a "hangover". Suggest manually looking through the DIY section for related topics. Online Manuals note is in that section. I believe there is a 91 manual available through hondahookup.com.

good luck