General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Driver Side Door damanged

Old 08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
alfredo123
Unregistered
Default Driver Side Door damanged

The driver side of my car door was dented during an incident at Walmart. The damage was only on the exterior ie there was no mechanical damage and the car drives perfectly. From what I understand the whole door or the exterior of the door would need replacing.

I want to check with you guys if I should get it fixed from a Honda Dealer or if I can get it done at some other Body shop.Also any estimates as to how much it would cost to get it fixed would be highly appreciated.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Default RE: Driver Side Door damanged

If it was their fault it shouldn't cost a dime.... However, if you have to pay out of pocket then yes you can get it fixed at most any reputable body shop and the entire door has to be replaced if they can't pop out the dent. If it comes to a full door replacement you may want to check around some junk yards that may have one, if you get really lucky they'll have one in your color, then it's a cheap repair/fix.

www.spaldings.com (junkyard...)

Old 08-22-2007, 11:57 AM

I agree with sir_nasty. I understand if it was your fault not wanting to report it to insurance though. But if it was someone else's fault it should not cost you anything.
I would look at junkyards for a matching color door first, then I would weigh my other options.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM
alfredo123
Unregistered

It was a hit and run incident and I have no way of finding out who it was...and it has been a couple of months now since it happened...so the insurance company isnt going to do anything...

Neways...I got an estimate from a Honda Dealer and he said that it would cost me $1600...I really dont have that kind of money...I think the junkyard thing could work for me...I looked up Spalding.com and apparently a 2000 Honda Accord Door is $365...Is it usually that high???

Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

have you talked to any body shops to see if the door can be fixed ??
If not.. I would get a door from the junk yard ,, it probably will be a different color ( unless you get lucky ) , replace the door and have it painted after it is installed

Old 08-22-2007, 10:44 PM

i would but a door from a boneyard and get it repainted as well.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:50 PM
alfredo123
Unregistered

Thanks a lot for the advice guys....appreciate it a lot...

I think I am going to buy another door and get that painted....But Im going to postpone it for a while...Will probably do it in a couple of months time....

Just got the timing belt, water pumps and another beltreplaced and paid like $830 for tht so dont wanna spend more at this time...

Old 08-23-2007, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: alfredo123
Neways...I got an estimate from a Honda Dealer and he said that it would cost me $1600...I really dont have that kind of money...I think the junkyard thing could work for me...I looked up Spalding.com and apparently a 2000 Honda Accord Door is $365...Is it usually that high???
That's not a bad price.... if you consider the dealer is at $1600.00 I'll bet $1000.00 of that is parts..... You can always try other junk yards too, but if they have it in your color I'd pay that price in an instant....

I was looking for a rear wing for my wife's car and it was around $200.00 to paint JUST the wing....

Old 08-23-2007, 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

ORIGINAL: alfredo123

I was looking for a rear wing for my wife's car and it was around $200.00 to paint JUST the wing....
next time you need a spoiler let me know , i may point you on the right direction http://www.aftermarket-unlimited.com/shop/

Old 08-23-2007, 06:51 PM

Very nice... $170.00 for the wing painted... I may order it from there when I get some extra cash

Thanks DH